If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident involving a tire blowout, you might still be going through a lot. A Greenville tire blowout accident lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you need.
For a free legal consultation with a tire blowout accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-407-4000
How Tire Blowout Accidents Happen
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the best way to handle a tire blowout is to keep a steady hold on the steering wheel and slowly decrease your speed until you find a safe place to pull over.
Of course, it is easier to remember this advice when sitting safely at home than in the middle of a real tire blowout, especially since a blowout might seem to happen out of nowhere. In many cases, the blowout got caused by an issue that has been building for some time, such as:
- Poor maintenance: Like all car parts, tires become worn out and less efficient over time. It is important to keep them properly inflated and rotated and replace them when they get too old. Failing to maintain your tires can cause a blowout.
- Poor manufacturing: A serious intrinsic flaw in the construction of a tire can make them more susceptible to blowouts.
- Poor driving or road maintenance: Blowouts may happen if the tire hits a sharp or otherwise damaging object. These incidents may be the driver’s fault for not paying enough attention to where they were going or the fault of whoever is in charge of maintaining the road for not keeping the roadway clear.
Cars now come with protective measures against tire blowouts. All cars with model years of 2008 and newer must come equipped with a monitoring system that informs the driver when one of their tires is severely underinflated. Monitoring systems are also designed to warn drivers if they are not working properly. However, this does not protect against all blowouts or prevent a careless driver from ignoring the system’s warning.
No matter which of these situations applies to your accident, our lawyers at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you build your case and fight for your rights.
Greenville Tire Blowout Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-407-4000
What You May Be Compensated For
If you believe you might be entitled to compensation for a tire blowout accident, you must file a lawsuit. There are several types of compensation you can ask for in your lawsuit. The two primary types are economic damages and non-economic damages, both of which are described briefly below.
Economic damages refer to compensation for specific monetary expenses you incurred as a result of the accident. Examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses: You were injured in the crash and needed to go to the hospital or seek other medical treatment.
- Car repair expenses: Your car was damaged or wrecked in the accident, forcing you to pay for repairs, or to rent or buy a new car.
- Funeral expenses: The accident victim died as a result of the crash.
Noneconomic damages refer to compensation for physical and/or emotional suffering caused by the accident. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: You were physically injured in the accident, or the accident caused you emotional trauma.
- Diminished quality of life: The accident left you with a permanent disability that prevents you from ever resuming your previous job or hobbies.
- Loss of companionship: The relatives of the deceased accident victim have been deprived of invaluable years with their spouse/parent/etc.
The kind of damages you ask for and how much you receive for each will depend on the specifics of your case. A Greenville tire blowout accident lawyer can go over your case with you and help you figure out what to ask for.
Even before your lawsuit is over, you might be entitled to some compensation. According to the South Carolina Department of Insurance, the other driver’s insurance company must reimburse the claimant for the expense of a rental car until the company offers the claimant a settlement.
How a Greenville Tire Blowout Accident Lawyer Can Help You
When you are already struggling with the stress of recovering from an auto accident, the last thing you want to do is add the stress of filing a lawsuit on top of that. A lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can take the lead on all legal matters of your accident, including:
- Determining who is liable: Before you can sue, you have to know who is responsible for the accident. As discussed above, this may be the driver, a manufacturer, or someone else.
- Filing a claim: We will file all paperwork related to your claim on time and in good order.
- Communicating with the other party: We can handle all communications with the other party or parties involved in the lawsuit. If anyone attempts to contact you directly, tell us about it right away.
- Negotiating a settlement: Many times, an insurance company will want to avoid the expense and hassle of going to court and will offer you a settlement. We can negotiate with insurance companies and fight for fair compensation. If the insurer does not offer a fair settlement, we will go to court on your behalf.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has handled over 40,000 cases in over 40 years. We have the experience and the commitment to help you, too. Call our Greenville office so that we can get started on your case.