A car accident lawyer in Greenville, SC, may be able to help file an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover the full value of your expenses and other losses if you’ve been injured by another party’s negligence. You have the right to recover compensation if we can prove a careless or reckless driver caused your Greenville crash.
The car accident team from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can review your case for free and explain your options for compensation. We will go to work for you, helping you get the money you need and deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-407-4000
Damages Available in a Winning Greenville Car Accident Case
If we can win a payout in your Greenville car accident case, it will likely cover a wide variety of damages. This includes your accident-related losses and expenses, as well as some damages that you may have not even considered.
Every crash is different, so you may not necessarily recover all the same damages as our previous clients. However, you can get a good idea of the types of damages that are available by considering the most common types of damages we recover for our clients after a Greenville, SC, car crash. This may include:
- Medical care and other related costs
- Ongoing care costs, as estimated by experts
- Lost wages during recovery
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost benefits, retirement, etc.
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the crash
- Repair or replacement of the damaged vehicle
- Pain and suffering damages
In some cases, punitive damages may also be available in a car accident lawsuit. We can ask the judge to award punitive damages if it appears that the driver who caused your accident acted intentionally or in a particularly heinous way. These damages go above and beyond the losses you experienced, punishing the negligent driver for their actions.
Greenville Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-407-4000
Liability in a South Carolina Car Accident Case
According to the Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Act, motor vehicles must be insured. In addition to this, South Carolina car accident law allows victims of car accidents to file personal injury lawsuits and hold the at-fault driver liable for all accident-related injuries and damages.
When we accept a Greenville car accident case, one of the first things we do is launch a full investigation to identify any at-fault parties and collect the evidence we need to prove their negligence. This investigation calls for us to identify, collect, and analyze all available evidence, as well as possibly calling on the help of accident reconstruction specialists and other professionals. During this investigation, we may uncover:
- What happened to cause your accident
- Who caused the crash
- Which of their specific actions led to the accident
- Why it happened
- What role you and others played in the crash
The stronger the case we can build during our investigation, the better the chances will be that we will be able to hold the reckless or careless driver liable for your economic and noneconomic damages.
Navigating the Claims Process After a Greenville, SC, Car Accident
After we complete our investigation, we can approach the insurance company who provides the at-fault party’s liability auto policy. In South Carolina, the state’s auto insurance laws require all drivers to have at least a minimum amount of auto liability coverage. This includes:
- $25,000 for injury to one person
- $50,000 for all injuries in a single accident
- $25,000 for property damage
- Uninsured motorist coverage in equal amounts
It is this law that ensures that we can file a third-party auto liability claim against the driver who caused your accident. To file a claim and try to reach a fair settlement, we will need to:
- Collect evidence of your damages to prove your losses
- Send a demand letter outlining our case against the policyholder
- Reject any low-ball offers from the insurance company
- Negotiate aggressively, fighting for a fair settlement
- Be ready to take legal action against the driver if necessary to win compensation
Many Greenville car accident cases settle out of court, meaning we are able to reach a settlement agreement through the negotiation process. This is preferred, because you can receive compensation faster, we have more control over the outcome, and you do not have to appear in court.
But if a settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to go to court with you and present your case.
If we do need to file a lawsuit in your case, we will:
- Help you understand what to expect each step of the way
- Prepare you for any appearances in front of the judge
- Represent your best interests to the judge and jury
- Present a strong case in court on your behalf
- Ask the court to award you fair compensation
Our team cares about your recovery. We will ensure that you always have someone available to update you on the status of your case or to answer any questions you have. We will fight for you to get the full compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Greenville, SC
A car accident lawyer in Greenville, SC, may be able to help your situation. Our team can take care of filing your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, using our experience to help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
The legal team from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews and consultations. We will help you understand your options for holding the at-fault driver liable in your case. Call us today for a free consultation.