Ridesharing has served a role in providing transportation for riders who may have driven while intoxicated had such services not been available. Companies such as Uber and Lyft have played a role in this positive area, but this does not mean that ridesharing produces all good things all the time – ridesharing drivers can act in a dangerous manner just as any other driver may.
If you or a loved one was injured because of a rideshare driver, then a Goose Creek Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney may be able to represent you. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about how we may help you pursue awards for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Goose Creek, call (888) 612-7001
Accident Injuries Can Cause Great Pain
Being involved in a motor vehicle collision can cause serious injury, and in some cases, fatal injury. Some of the injuries that you might suffer as the result of a motor vehicle collision are:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which Mayo Clinic explains could come from a jolt or blow to your head – both of which could occur during a collision
- Broken bones
- Damage to vital internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Serious cuts
- Soft tissue injuries
The nature and severity of your injury will likely play a role in the speed and extent of your recovery. During the time when your injuries affect your life, you may:
- Be unable to work at all
- Be able to work only in a limited capacity
- Experience significant physical pain
- Endure psychological and emotional trauma
- Have issues with your cognitive function
- Be unable to parent as you normally do
- Require the care of a third-party to complete seemingly basic tasks
- Be unable to exercise
- Experience a drastic decline in your quality of life
Life with an accident-related injury may be a substantial departure from life as you knew it before your rideshare wreck. Know that you are not alone as the victim of a serious injury caused by a rideshare crash and that there may be avenues for seeking compensation.
Goose Creek Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
The Dangers of Ridesharing
Forbes notes that ridesharing presents dangers that the general public may not be aware of. While ridesharing is credited by some as a means of decreasing drunk driving accidents, it has produced some unintended consequences that may have been a factor in your injury or an injury to a loved one.
Some findings reported by Forbes include:
- Ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft have actually increased the rate of accidents, which may be explained by a greater overall number of vehicles on the road
- Rideshare crashes are responsible for $10 billion in death-related costs each year
- Drivers, riders, pedestrians, and bicyclists may all be affected by the dangers that the ridesharing economy presents
Drivers of ridesharing vehicles are humans, and they may be prone to the same mistakes and errors in judgment that non-ridesharing drivers are. In the case that a ridesharing driver is responsible for an injury to you, an injury to a loved one, or the death of a loved one, an Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Goose Creek may be able to help you seek fair compensation for your losses.
A Lawyer May Help With Your Case for Compensation
You may be generally aware of the steps to take after being involved in a collision with another motorist. When it comes to accidents involving ridesharing vehicles, however, you may be less clear. A Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney in Goose Creek may be able to help erase any confusion you have after an Uber or Lyft accident and guide your pursuit of compensation.
One question may be whether to seek compensation through a rideshare company’s insurance policy. Uber notes that it has a fairly expansive insurance policy covering:
- Those who are injured by a driver on their way to pick up a passenger
- Those who are injured by a driver waiting for a ride
- Those who are injured as a passenger in an Uber
- Non-passengers injured by a driver while the driver is in the process of completing a trip
Various forms of coverage range from $25,000 up to $1,000,000, and you may be entitled to such coverage depending on the specific circumstances of your accident and injuries. Lyft offers similar insurance coverage.
Certain circumstances could make an insurance settlement unfeasible, in which case our team of Goose Creek Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys will consider the merits of filing a lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Lawyer Can File Your Rideshare Accident Lawsuit
Should you need to bring a lawsuit in pursuit of fair compensation, a lawyer may be able to handle your suit from start to finish. Some services that your lawyer may provide include:
- Collecting all available evidence related to your accident
- Collecting documentation of your injuries, updating the records as necessary
- Speaking with witnesses to your accident
- Filing your lawsuit
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial if no settlement arises
Damages for an Uber or Lyft Rideshare Accident
A lawyer may also protect your rights and provide general counsel whether you choose to pursue compensation through insurance or a lawsuit, or if you need to pursue both options. If your lawyer is successful in obtaining compensation on your behalf, then you may receive coverage for:
- Your accident-related medical expenses
- Lost income caused by your injuries
- Scarring and other types of disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Costs stemming from the death of a loved one
Your lawyer may determine all of the losses you have suffered and may suffer in the future and seek compensation in return for those losses.
Connect With George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
Our team of Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys in Goose Creek can make obtaining compensation for you or a loved one their goal and mission. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to discuss your accident, and do not wait, as you may have a limited window to bring a lawsuit or insurance claim.