Being involved in a boat accident can leave you with physical and psychological scars, and could take a toll for which you deserve recompense. Hiring a Goose Creek boat accident attorney could allow you to focus on recovery. Your advocate can pursue compensation on your behalf.
A boat accident attorney in Goose Creek may be able to handle your insurance claim or lawsuit from start to finish, allowing you to put your attention towards getting better. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about pursuing compensation after a boat accident in Goose Creek.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Boating Accidents Can Stem From a Lack of Care
There are many possible causes of a boating accident, and several of them may stem from a boat driver or owner’s lack of care. This lack of care may come from failing to adequately assess a vessel’s fitness before heading out for a cruise, showing inadequate caution while the boat is in operation, or lacking the proper tools to respond to an unanticipated accident.
A boater may generally have a duty of care, which means that they:
- Should take necessary precautions to avoid putting others at risk of injury or death
- Should not take any actions that would put others at risk
Failing to take precautions or taking overt actions that put others at risk could open a boater—or any other party involved in your accident—to liability for your losses.
Specific Causes of Boating Accidents
The American Boating Association states that there were 4,168 boating accidents in 2019 resulting in 2,559 total injuries. Each of those accidents and injuries has its own story behind it, and so does the incident that resulted in you or your loved one being injured.
Some possible causes of your boating accident include:
- That you were struck by a boat propeller
- That you were struck by a boat,
- That you were thrown and hit some injury-causing surface but remained inside the boat
- That you were thrown from inside of a boat off of the boat
- That you experienced whiplash or another type of injury because a boat driver was maneuvering the craft erratically
- That you were injured while being towed behind a boat because a driver was operating the vehicle in an unsafe manner
- That the boat you were on ran aground and you were injured as a result
- That you suffered a burn from exposed heat sources on a boat
The list of possible sources of a boating injury could go on, as boats and the water they operate upon are full of possible hazards. One danger may be a greater threat than most others, however: a boat driver who lacks the necessary care or caution.
Boat drivers may generally have a responsibility to keep those on their vessel safe to whatever degree is within their control. When a boater acts in ways that put others at risk and an injury or death results, then they may be held responsible in civil court or through insurance. A boat accident attorney in Goose Creek may be able to help you pursue compensation from the parties responsible for your boat accident.
Goose Creek Boat Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
A Boat Accident May Put You Out of Commission
Serious injuries can have negative consequences in numerous aspects of your life, and injuries sustained because of a boat accident could be particularly severe. Depending on the precise nature of your accident, the injuries you have suffered, and the seriousness of your diagnosis, you may experience symptoms that are long-lasting or even permanent.
Some life consequences that may arise because of a boat accident include:
- Being unable to work for a substantial timeframe
- Enduring significant pain because of your injuries
- Suffering as a result of your pain and injury
- Being permanently disabled
- Experiencing injury-related changes in your personality and mood
- Having physical restrictions that change the nature of your relationships, leisure activities, and your life as a whole
- Experiencing mental health problems
- Having lasting psychological trauma stemming from your accident
- Being harmed financially because of work-related changes
You may be able to collect compensation to help ease the strain of your accident-related losses. Our Goose Creek boat accident attorneys can take note of all of the losses you have suffered to date, as well as those that you may continue to suffer going forward. They may then put together your insurance claim or lawsuit and begin fighting for any compensation that you deserve.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
A Boat Accident Lawyer Can Fight for Compensation for You
You may choose to file an insurance claim or lawsuit in pursuit of compensation if you have suffered losses because of a boat accident and somebody is, in your estimation, at fault for some or all of those losses. You may do the same for a loved one who is injured or has passed away because of a boat accident.
Our team of boat accident lawyers in Goose Creek can lead your case for awards. They may counsel you about the merits of insurance claims or lawsuits and provide a recommendation of which to pursue based on the circumstances of your accident.
If you choose to pursue an insurance claim before considering a lawsuit, our Goose Creek boat accident attorneys may:
- Protect you from making any statements that could harm your chances of obtaining a fair settlement
- Handle communications with insurance representatives
- Counsel you if and when you must make a statement
- Collect all relevant evidence and injury documentation
- Negotiate a settlement
If you cannot secure an insurance settlement for any reason, our boat accident attorneys in Goose Creek may file and complete a lawsuit on your behalf. Filing a lawsuit may be the first course of action in certain boat accident cases.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Reach Out to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
Our boat accident attorneys in Goose Creek may be able to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. We will aim to collect coverage for your losses such as medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more details about how we may handle your claim or lawsuit. Do not wait to call, as you may have a limited time to act. Just focus on your health and let handle the legal side of things.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001