If you have recently been injured in a bicycle accident, moped accident, or motorcycle accident in Goose Creek, SC, you might have a personal injury case that you can take to South Carolina’s civil court system. You can receive compensation for your medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress caused by your injury if you get in touch with the right personal injury lawyer.
The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has more than 40 years of experience 1 helping the residents of South Carolina with their personal injury cases. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve by giving us a call today or visiting our website and requesting a Free Case Review.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Goose Creek, call (888) 612-7001
How Motorist Negligence Can Cause a Bicycle Accident
If you were injured due to the negligence of another individual, you have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit in South Carolina. Negligence can take many forms, including the following:
- The motorist passes the cyclist on the left side and then made a right-hand turn into the bicycle’s path.
- The motorist pulls from a parking lot or driveway directly into the path of the cyclist.
- The motorist hits the cyclist from behind.
- The motorist fails to yield right of way to the cyclist.
- The motorist does not check for a cyclist before opening the car door.
- The motorist fails to check the shoulder or bike path for bicycle traffic.
Goose Creek Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Steps to Take After a Bicycle Accident in Goose Creek, SC
After you experience a bicycle accident in South Carolina, try to maintain a clear presence of mind. Taking the right action is paramount to your physical healing and your financial recovery from any resulting damages. In a nutshell:
Seek Medical Attention Immediately
Do not skip this step. Even if you do not feel like you are hurt, you still need to be checked. You could later find out that you did incur an injury from your bicycle accident. If you do not consult with a doctor in time, your failure to document the injury concerning the accident could negatively impact your ability to recover damages.
Refrain from Discussing the Accident Until You Have a Goose Creek Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Your words can later come back to haunt you. An attorney can advise you on what to say, and, more importantly, what not to say about your bicycle accident before you say the wrong thing to the wrong person and wind up crippling your case in a moment of casual conversation.
Hire an Attorney
The sooner you obtain legal representation, the sooner your lawyers can start building your case. You want your legal team to start the process while evidence is intact, whether it be elements from the scene of the accident or compelling affidavits from accident witnesses. If you wait, you will find it much harder to track down those individuals who were around the scene of your bicycle accident when it happened.
If your injury has left you temporarily or permanently disabled and you are unsure about venturing out, a team member from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can come to you. Our bicycle accident lawyers serving Goose Creek, SC, will visit you anywhere in the state of South Carolina.
How a Goose Creek Bicycle Accident Attorney Will Build Your Bicycle Accident Case
Our legal team goes the extra mile, covering every bit of territory surrounding your bicycle accident case.
- We will visit the scene of your bicycle accident, scouring for on-site evidence and documenting what we find.
- We will collect reports from all the experts and officials – police, doctors, etc. – giving us access to every nugget of information that can help win your case.
- We will consult with medical professionals that can validate your injuries, and the costs they estimate will be required to treat them, both immediate and ongoing.
- We will solicit the help of accident reconstruction experts who will evaluate the scene, along with all the evidence we collect, to establish how the accident happened at the hands of a negligent motorist.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Goose Creek Can Help You Seek
A few of the recoverable damages for which our legal team will help you seek compensation include:
- Medical, hospital, prescription expenses
- Loss of wages due to injuries that keep you from working for an extended period
- Loss of future income or earning potential in the event the bicycle accident created either temporary or permanent damage
- Renovations required for your home to accommodate a temporary or permanent disability
- Replacement or repair of your bike
- Repairs for other property damage
Who Should I Contact for Assistance with My Bicycle Accident Case?
When you have endured a bicycle accident in Goose Creek, SC and you don’t know where to turn for help, contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. Our bicycle accident lawyers serving Goose Creek, SC, will set you on the right path toward compensation for your injuries, your losses, and your pain and suffering.