Catastrophic injuries can have severe implications on how you are able to live your life. If you have sustained a catastrophic injury, a Georgia catastrophic injury attorney can help you hold the negligent party is responsible for your condition. You may be eligible to receive compensation to cover your losses.
Call our team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to take the first steps towards economic justice. We offer a free case review during which we encourage you to share the details of your accident with us.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
How the State Defines Catastrophic Injury
The definition of what qualifies as a catastrophic injury is open to interpretation.
Georgia Code Section § 40-6-394 defines a severe injury as:
- A complication that deprives a person use of a body part
- The loss of using a limb either permanently or for an extended period
- Severe disfigurement
- Brain damage
Georgia Code § 40-5-55 provides additional clarity to defining life-altering injuries:
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
- Partial or total loss of vision or hearing
- Loss of consciousness
These conditions are often referred to as “protracted losses.” What this means is that these afflictions will likely have long-lasting implications on your quality of life and involve extensive recovery periods.
Georgia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me888-612-7001
Catastrophic Injuries Can Change the Course of Your Life
Regardless of the circumstances under which you or your loved one sustained a catastrophic injury, you have likely realized that your condition will change the course of your life, whether in the short or long term.
Somebody who has sustained a catastrophic injury, as well as their family, may face a number of hurdles in the short-term, possibly including:
- Rapid adjustment to quality of life
- Lengthy hospital stays
- The need for round-the-clock caregiving
- Inability by the injured person to perform once-routine tasks such as eating, drinking, shaving, walking, bathing, and possibly breathing on their own
- Psychological trauma
Every catastrophic injury is different, and one’s reaction to such an injury will be unique. Whether it is you or your loved one who sustained the injury, you have likely experienced a range of emotions and can expect various difficulties for the foreseeable future.
From a long-term view, some of the challenges that face those who endure catastrophic injury may include:
- Months, years, or life-long rehabilitation
- The need for family members, hired caregivers, or both to tend to the person with catastrophic injuries
- Struggles with poor psychological and emotional health
- Significant healthcare costs
- An inability to work a wide array of jobs, possibly including the job you had before the injury
These stressful realities do not come cheap, which can place additional strain on you and your family. By teaming up with a catastrophic injury attorney in Georgia, one can pursue the cost of their care through a civil action. While this cannot undo the damage that has been done, it can put you or a loved one back on the road to recovery.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!888-612-7001
Catastrophic Injuries Can Happen in Any Setting
There is an endless list of situations under which a catastrophic injury may occur. Some circumstances are more common causes of catastrophic injury than others.
The following have the potential to cause life-threatening injuries:
- Workplace accidents
- Automotive collisions
- Sporting events
- Product liability
- Premises liability
Catastrophic injuries incurred under the circumstances listed above often involve negligence. The nature of your injury and the details of how it occurred will be critical in determining whether you have a case for compensation.
Contact a catastrophic injury lawyer in Georgia from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to speak about your case at no cost.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Let Our Team Take on Your Case for Compensation
Whether you or a loved one sustained a catastrophic injury, you are undoubtedly in the midst of a difficult time. Attempting to navigate legal proceedings and building a successful case by yourself can be a challenging endeavor; there is no need to fight on your own. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we can handle your case from the moment it starts to the moment it ends.
Our team provides the following services, including:
- Speaking with you in-person or over the phone to get an initial record of events
- Collecting available evidence to gain a better understanding of your situation
- Interviewing witnesses and gathering relevant testimony to the extent of your injuries
- Consulting with medical professionals to learn more about your physical wellbeing
- Fighting for the compensation for which you are entitled
- Defending your rights throughout our time as your legal team
Depending on the specifics of your case, we may be able to provide additional services that we have not listed here.
Possible Compensation Following a Catastrophic Injury
Our goal is to get you the financial recovery you need to move forward.
We hope to obtain funds that could assist you with:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Caregiver costs, which may be necessary depending on your physical condition
- Coverage for personal, professional, educational, and other opportunities lost to the person who sustained the injury
- Pain and suffering
Catastrophic injuries are all-affecting, and we will aim to obtain awards that reflect the catastrophic nature of you or your loved one’s injury.
Call Our Legal Team Today
Catastrophic injury lawyers in Georgia from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will understand the hardship caused by a catastrophic injury, and we will use our resources in fighting for the compensation that you deserve.
Call us today to take the first steps in pursuing financial recovery. Our team works on a contingency-fee basis. You pay nothing up front, and we only collect a fee if we win.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?888-612-7001