Most property owners do their best to prevent falls by eliminating hazards and keeping open areas safe. Unfortunately, accidents still occur. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident on another party’s property, South Carolina law entitles you to recover damages in a personal injury lawsuit.
Contact a slip and fall lawyer in Georgetown, South Carolina, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to discuss the best path forward after your slip and fall accident.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Georgetown, call (888) 612-7001
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers’ Commitment to Georgetown Slip and Fall Accident Victims
Our legal team remains dedicated to diligently pursuing the most favorable outcome for our clients. Our firm’s attention to client satisfaction includes personal attention such as in-home or hospital meetings for those who cannot travel, and 24/7 phone access for clients with questions and concerns.
We understand the financial pressure that a severe injury places on victims and their families, so we offer free consultations and handle slip and fall accident cases on contingency, recovering attorney fees from any compensation that a slip and fall attorney in Georgetown, SC, secures for you.
Georgetown Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
The Premises Liability Law in South Carolina
Premises liability cases broadly refer to injuries that occur on another party’s property with slip and falls—also trip and falls—as the most common in South Carolina and across the United States. When a person falls on another party’s property, their protection under the law and entitlement to recover damages hinges on their visitor status while they were on the property.
S.C. Code § 27-3-40 recognizes the following visitors:
- Invitees are visitors who have been welcomed on the property, often for business purposes. Examples include retail shoppers, music festival attendees, restaurant guests, amusement park visitors, and more. Invitees have the most protection under South Carolina law.
- Licenseesinclude invited guests like family and friends and uninvited guests that are tolerated like postal service workers, package delivery people, utility company employees making repairs or reading meters, and more.
- Trespasserswho do not have permission to be on a property have no rights if they are injured, except owners are forbidden from intentionally harming or setting traps for trespassers. Child trespassers have special protection under the law. If a child is injured on another party’s property, the owner might be liable regardless of whether or not they were trespassing. Your attorney will evaluate the specifics of your case and advise you on how to proceed if your child was injured in a slip and fall accident.
How We Can Support You After a Slip and Fall in Georgetown, SC
Here are some of the ways George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will help you after a slip and fall accident:
- We investigate your accident, take witness statements, take photos of where you slipped and fell and of any visible hazards, obtain your medical records, and gather any other relevant evidence for your case.
- We consult with our experts who help determine liability, assess future medical care needs, and value non-economic losses.
- We negotiate with homeowners’ and commercial insurance carriers so you can focus on a full recovery.
- We litigate your case in the courtroom when the insurance company or defense refuses to offer full and fair compensation for your injuries.
If you lost a loved one in a slip and fall incident, you may be eligible to recover damages by pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Seek Help From a Slip and Fall Lawyer Serving Georgetown
If you want the best chance of recovering damages, it’s imperative that you contact a personal injury attorney at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers as soon as possible.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Georgetown,contact a slip and fall lawyer serving Georgetown, SC, online or by phone for a free consultation to learn about your rights and how we can advocate for you.