Boats can be powerful crafts that require extreme care by their operators. When a boat driver or others who have an impact on boat-related safety do not exercise the caution necessary to keep boaters, passengers, and swimmers safe, then serious injury or death may result.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by negligence on the water, then a Georgetown boat accident attorney may represent you as you seek compensation for your losses. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about our legal services.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
You May Be Covered By Insurance
Boat owners may generally have boat liability insurance that could cover your injuries and related losses after an accident. There were 4,168 recreational boat accidents in 2019, according to the American Boating Association. Some of these accidents may have necessitated an insurance claim and settlement.
According to NerdWallet, a boat insurance settlement could cover:
- Your accident-related medical costs
- Any property damage that you endured because of a boat accident
A Georgetown Boat Accident Attorney Can Help File Your Claim
If you believe that these forms of coverage are enough for you, then you may choose to hire our boat accident lawyers in Georgetown to help you file and complete an insurance claim.
Your Georgetown boat accident attorney may:
- Identify responsible parties
- File your claim
- Calculate your losses
- Negotiate with insurance company representatives on your behalf
When an Insurance Claim Is Not Adequate
Under certain circumstances, insurance may not be a suitable way for you to obtain theWhen an Insurance Claim Is Not Adequate compensation that you need or deserve. This may be the case if:
- The person who caused your accident does not have insurance
- The person responsible for your accident has insurance, but their policy does not apply to the circumstances of your injuries
- The types of insurance coverage you may be entitled to are not sufficient to cover your accident-related losses
If insurance is not a viable means of compensation for any reason, then our team of boat accident attorneys in Georgetown can pursue a lawsuit instead.
Georgetown Boat Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
You May Collect Compensation Through a Lawsuit
The losses that you sustain from a boat accident can be serious and long-lasting, and a lawsuit may be the only suitable means of obtaining the compensation that reflects the severity of your losses. A team of experienced Georgetown boat accident attorneys may handle a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of you or a loved one who was injured or killed in a boat accident.
If you choose to proceed with a lawsuit, then your boat accident lawyers in Georgetown may:
- Determine the value of your losses upon filing your lawsuit
- Calculate projected losses in the future
- Obtain evidence that shows you are the victim of negligence or intentional wrongdoing or are entitled to compensation because of strict liability
- Obtain documentation of your injuries and medical treatment
- Organize accounts of how your accident has affected your life for the worse
- File your lawsuit and all subsequent paperwork
- Make in-person appearances and represent you in any appearances that you must make
- Negotiate a settlement
- Complete a trial (if necessary)
Your boat accident attorney in Georgetown may pursue compensation from all parties responsible for harming you or your loved one. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about seeking compensation for your losses.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Boating Accidents May Demand Accountability
Boating, like operating any motorized vehicle, requires constant consideration for safety. The possible consequences of unsafe boating behaviors include:
- Injuries caused by a propeller hitting a human, which the American Journal of Sports Medicine explains can lead to serious infection
- Traumatic brain injury causing brain damage
- Spinal cord injury, which could cause paralysis
- Injuries causing disfigurement, permanent disability, and other serious consequences
- Criminal charges for somebody who causes injuries or death to others while intoxicated
The American Bar Association (ABA) notes that somebody could be held responsible for your boat accident-related injuries even if they did not intend to cause harm—this is where the legal concept of negligence may apply.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Common Causes for Boating Accidents in Georgetown
Some actions and failures for which a person may be held liable in light of injuries or death include:
- Leading passengers on their vessel into dangerous weather conditions
- Leading passengers into rough water conditions
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Striking somebody in the water with their boat
- Turning aggressively, which could lead to somebody falling overboard or within the boat
- Driving recklessly while towing somebody behind the boat
- Failing to assign a lookout when pulling somebody behind the boat
- Failing to provide a functional life vest for every passenger on the boat
- Failing to provide a functional fire extinguisher
- Failing to turn off the motor close to those swimming, standing, or sitting in the water
- Being intoxicated while driving at the time that an injury or death occurred
Driving a boat while under the influence of alcohol may be a particularly egregious form of negligence. The U.S. Coast Guard notes that boating under the influence can impair a driver’s judgment and coordination, which may directly lead to an accident causing injury or death.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to Collect
Your boat accident attorney in Georgetown will fight for financial coverage of any losses you have sustained because of another person’s negligence. Losses stemming from a boat accident could include:
- Disfigurement, including but not limited to scarring
- Lost income
- The cost of physical and psychological therapy
- A decline in your post-accident earning power
- Pain and suffering
You could have additional losses, and your team of Georgetown boat accident attorneys will take account of every damage you have suffered because of a boat accident. They will then take the steps necessary to lobby for coverage for every loss that you have suffered, whether their means of pursuit is an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Consult With a Georgetown Boat Accident Lawyer
A boat accident lawyer in Georgetown may defend your rights and pursue fair compensation for you after a boat accident. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to find out more about how we can help you or a loved one who was injured while on the water. Just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001