If you sustained injuries when a motorist collided with you on your bicycle in Georgetown, SC, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our team has more than 40 years of experience helping accident victims across South Carolina, with over 40,000 cases won since the firm opened in 1974. We will review your case for free and pursue the damages you deserve.
Our bicycle accident lawyers in Georgetown, SC, can take on your case on a contingency fee basis. We do not get paid unless we win a payout for you. With our team on your side, you can focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Georgetown, call (888) 612-7001
Common Causes of Georgetown, SC, Bicycle Versus Motor Vehicle Accidents
Bicyclists are typically safer in a bike lane, but motorists can put cyclists in danger in a number of ways. Car versus bike accidents tend to occur most commonly because of just a few mistakes made by careless, distracted, or intoxicated motorists. These mistakes include:
- Pulling out in front of a cyclist from a driveway or parking lot
- Turning right and colliding with a cyclist who is continuing straight
- Passing a bicyclist and then cutting them off with a right turn in front of them
- Failing to yield when turning left
- Failing to obey traffic signals or allowing the cyclist their turn at a stop sign
- Rear end collisions caused by excessive speed or following too closely
- Sideswipe accidents caused when passing
- Obstructing the cyclist’s path by opening a car door without looking when parallel parked
Bicyclists can suffer serious injuries in a collision with a motor vehicle. Even when using all recommended safety equipment, they may experience significant injuries including:
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Abrasions and “road rash”
- Internal injuries
If you got hurt in a bicycle accident in Georgetown, SC, or greater Georgetown County, we are standing by to talk to you about your options. Let a personal injury lawyer help you pursue the payout you need and deserve.
Georgetown Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Recoverable Damages in a Georgetown, SC, Bicycle Accident Case
If you win a payout in your bicycle accident case, you may be eligible for a wide range of damages to cover your accident-related expenses and losses. These differ from case to case, but some of the most common recoverable damages include:
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency department treatment
- Inpatient and outpatient care
- Prescription drug costs and pain management
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages
- Related out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Wrongful Death Damages
You might be eligible to take legal action and pursue wrongful death damages if you lost an immediate family member because of the injuries they sustained in a Georgetown County bicycle versus car accident.
The George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Team Can Help You Pursue Compensation
With George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, you get more than 40 years of experience fighting for the rights of accident victims in the Palmetto State. We know what it takes to negotiate a strong out-of-court settlement or win a verdict in a personal injury case.
Our bicycle accident attorneys in Georgetown, SC, will review the facts of your case and the circumstances of your accident and build a strong case to support the pursuit of a payout. When you choose to trust our attorneys with your case, will:
- Identify the liable motorist
- Collect all available evidence to prove negligence and fault
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists and other experts as needed
- Protect your right to compensation
- Manage all communication about your case
- Keep you up-to-date about the status of your case
- Answer any questions and address any concerns you have
- Document your accident-related damages
- Represent you and your best interests throughout the legal process
We may be able to settle some bicycle accident cases by negotiating an out-of-court settlement. However, sometimes this is not the best option or even possible. In this situation, we will take legal action, filing a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. We will fight for a settlement or verdict that recovers the payout you deserve and makes you whole again.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Serving Georgetown, SC
If you suffered injuries in a bicycle accident caused by the driver of a motor vehicle, the team from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is here to help. A member of our team is standing by to take your call and discuss your case with you today. Let us fight for your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Call us today or fill out our online form for a free case review. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Georgetown, SC, and greater Georgetown County is ready to talk to you now.