If a truck accident in Gaffney, SC, left you or a loved one facing medical bills, unable to work, or with permanent injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
A truck accident lawyer in Gaffney, SC, from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can handle the complex legal process and protect your right to recover damages. You should not have to suffer because of another person’s negligence.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 888-612-7001
Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Firm Accepts
If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, you may be unsure where to turn for legal help. Our legal team handles a wide range of truck accident types, including those caused by:
- A mechanical failure of big rig truck, such as faulty brakes
- Alcohol or drug use
- Jackknifing or rollovers
- Overworked or overtired driver
- A poorly maintained truck
- A truck driver failing to observe South Carolina traffic laws
- An ill-maintained or poorly marked road
Truck accidents can be devastating, but our compassionate legal team can help.
Gaffney Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me888-612-7001
How Our Firm Helps Truck Accident Victims
The truck accident attorneys in Gaffney at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are dedicated to helping you through each step of the legal process. This includes taking on the following tasks:
Collecting Evidence to Support Your Claim
In order to prove who is liable for your injuries, our legal team may gather evidence to support your claim. The type of evidence we gather will depend upon the details of your case, but may include:
- Your medical records, including hospital bills, diagnoses, notes from your medical team, and more.
- A police report that outlines details of the crash, including the results of the driver’s sobriety test, if applicable.
- Reports from witnesses who saw the accident occur.
- Video or photographs of the accident, if they exist.
- Insurance reports from other accident victims, in the case of multiple-car accidents
Proving Negligence Caused Your Injuries or Damages
The evidence above will help our legal team to prove negligence on the part of the driver, their employer, or another party caused your accident. The four aspects of negligence we must prove are:
- Duty of care: We must prove the liable party had a responsibility to not cause harm. For example, the truck driver had a responsibility to drive with care.
- Breach of duty: Next, we must prove the defendant failed to meet that duty of care. For example, a truck driver who failed to follow traffic laws by speeding.
- Causation: The next aspect of negligence requires us to prove the defendant’s breach of duty caused your accident. For example, because the truck driver was speeding, he was unable to stop before hitting your vehicle.
- Damages: Finally, we must prove that the accident resulted in your damages. For example, we must show your injuries occurred because the truck hit you.
Calculating the Total Value of Your Truck Accident Damages
The total value of your case may not be apparent immediately following your accident. This is where our legal team can help. The total value of your truck accident case might include:
- Medical bills, including the cost of hospital stays, physical therapy, and prescription drugs.
- Wages lost due to your injuries, including current and future lost earnings.
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish, anxiety attacks, PTSD, and other emotional distress caused by the accident.
If your loved one died in the accident, we may be able to file a wrongful death claim and recover damages on your behalf.
Negotiating a Settlement on Your Behalf
Our Gaffney truck accident lawyers are dedicated to recovering all the damages you deserve as a result of your truck accident. After we gather evidence, prove your case, and calculate your damages, we take on the insurance company.
If possible, our injury lawyers will negotiate a settlement out of court. Many insurance companies prefer to avoid taking cases to court, however, sometimes it is inevitable. If necessary, we will represent your interests in South Carolina court.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Gaffney, SC, Today
A truck accident can result in major damage to your vehicle, medical bills, difficulty doing daily tasks, and much more. A truck accident lawyer serving Gaffney, SC, may be able to help you hold the responsible party liable for your injuries.
Contact the team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or through our online form for a free case evaluation. We work on a contingency basis, which means we don’t get paid until you do.