Rideshare drivers and the companies that contract them have the same responsibility that other motorists do: to act in a way that protects others from harm. When an Uber, Lyft, or other ridesharing driver causes harm to you or a loved one, then you may be able to collect compensation through insurance or a lawsuit.
Our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys in Gaffney may lead your case for awards. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to find out more about how our team may be able to assist you or your loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 888-612-7001
Services That a Lawyer Can Provide You
Hiring a Gaffney Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney may provide you peace of mind that somebody is working towards any compensation that you are entitled to. Other benefits that you may reap from hiring a lawyer include:
- Access to your lawyer’s knowledge of relevant legal concepts
- Defense of your rights
- Advice regarding your pursuit of compensation
You may not have to dedicate the time and effort to an insurance claim or lawsuit that you would have if you had not hired a lawyer. Having a lawyer handle compensation-related matters may allow you to avoid the stress that you would feel from such matters while focusing due attention on your recovery.
Within the context of your Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, your lawyer may be able to:
- Gather evidence about your accident, including any footage that may exist of the accident
- Collect witness testimony
- Obtain documentation of your injuries from your doctors
- File your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Handle all communications with insurance officials and attorneys when your participation is not necessarily needed
- Identify and calculate the value of your losses
- Negotiate a settlement as the result of an insurance claim or lawsuit
- Complete a trial if doing so is necessary
Your lawyer will have a clear mission: to obtain any compensation that you should be entitled to as the victim of negligence.
Gaffney Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me888-612-7001
Ridesharing Drivers Can Be Negligent
Those who use Uber and Lyft surely hope that, because their driver is transporting others for a living, they possess the skills and care necessary to keep them safe. This is not necessarily the case.
The American Bar Association (ABA) notes that negligence may be the standard against which a defendant is judged in a personal injury case. There are many ways in which an Uber or Lyft driver, or others named in your lawsuit, could have been negligent in causing your injuries. Possible forms of negligence include driver behaviors such as:
- Driving while engaging with the Uber or Lyft app
- Tailgating other vehicles
- Making dangerous turns and lane changes
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Diverting eyes from the road to speak with you as a passenger, or for any other reason
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Driving without safety equipment such as headlights functioning and engaged
Similarly, companies that contract ridesharing drivers – Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing companies – may be held responsible for their failures. Such failures could include:
- Approving a driver with a record of questionable driving behaviors to be an Uber or Lyft driver
- Failing to adequately monitor driver vehicles and practices
- Failing to terminate drivers who prove to be unsafe during their time driving for Uber or Lyft
A Gaffney Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer may be able to determine specific reasons why you may be the victim of negligence, or how companies such as Uber and Lyft may have strict liability for the actions of their drivers. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
Your Losses Could Be Covered in a Rideshare Accident Claim
Motor vehicle accidents can produce numerous losses that are physical, cognitive, and financial. Your lawyer can survey the extent of your losses and seek compensation for those which you are not responsible for causing.
Some of the losses that may come from an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident include:
- Lost income because you are unable to work temporarily or permanently
- The cost of emergency transportation and care after your accident
- The cost of any hospitalization required to treat your injuries
- The cost of physical and psychological rehabilitation for your trauma
- Damage to your vehicle and other personal property
- Pain and suffering
These are just a few of the losses that you may have suffered. These losses could increase with time, especially if you have yet to fully recover from your injuries. In the case that you have lost a loved one in a rideshare crash, additional losses may include:
- Funeral-related expenses
- The permanent loss of your loved one’s income
- The loss of comfort and companionship for your loved one’s spouse
- The loss of parental guidance and financial protection for your loved one’s children
Your lawyer may make compensation for your losses the goal of everything that they do on your behalf. You are not the first person to be injured during a ridesharing-related accident, and there is precedent for how to seek compensation after such a wreck causes injury or death.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Ridesharing Accidents Warrant Results
Forbes notes how the advent of ridesharing in the United States has increased the total number of collisions. If you or a loved one has become the victim of a ridesharing accident causing injury or death, then your lawyer may be able to seek awards for you.
Lyft notes the circumstances under which you may be covered by insurance, and Uber has similar coverage policies. Your lawyer may help you determine whether insurance could be a preferable route to compensation, or whether a lawsuit may be a logical choice for you. Either way, your lawyer may assist you until you complete a claim or lawsuit.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
Having our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers in Gaffney on your side could prove highly beneficial. It will allow you to focus your time and attention on getting better.
Call us today to speak with our team of Gaffney Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. Schedule your free consultation and learn about pursuing compensation after a rideshare accident.