Ridesharing has become woven into the fabric of American transportation. Drivers for companies such as Uber and Lyft may be held responsible for their actions just as other drivers are. Whether an individual driver or the company they contract for is liable, you may be able to collect compensation for losses related to a collision involving a rideshare vehicle.
A Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Fort Mill may be able to help. We can file an insurance claim or pursue a lawsuit on your behalf. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Fort Mill, call (888) 612-7001
Ridesharing Has Changed the Transportation Landscape
Ridesharing has become culturally ubiquitous, with services such as Uber and Lyft being widely known and used. The ability for any qualifying vehicle to essentially become a taxi has, according to some statistics, led to a greater risk of danger.
U.S. News & World Report cites findings that the increased number of Uber and Lyft vehicles on America’s roads is to blame for a greater number of accidents. The findings note that:
- Rideshare vehicles have made at least 11 billion trips within the United States since 2010
- While drunk driving accidents have decreased during that period, total accidents have not
- There has been an increase in accidents related to picking up and dropping off riders who are using rideshare services
It is clear that rideshare drivers are not immune to being involved in accidents, and the frequency with which they are on the roads may increase the number of opportunities that they face for being involved in a collision
You may be entitled to collect compensation whether you were riding in a rideshare vehicle, were in the role of a pedestrian, or were in another vehicle struck by a rideshare driver at the time of your accident.
Fort Mill Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
When Rideshare Drivers Could Be Liable
There are several possible scenarios when a rideshare driver could become responsible for injuries and losses sustained during a crash. Some such instances include:
- You were riding in an Uber or Lyft and were injured during an accident caused by the driver
- You were getting into or out of an Uber or Lyft vehicle and were injured because the driver did not allow for safe entry or exit
- You were in a vehicle other than a rideshare vehicle and were injured because of the actions of a rideshare driver
You may be entitled to some form of compensation even if the driver of the rideshare vehicle in question is not at fault for the collision. A Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney in Fort Mill may be able to help you seek any compensation you are entitled to through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more details of how our Fort Mill Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyers may be able to help you pursue compensation after an accident.
Understanding Rideshare Insurance
Services such as Uber and Lyft seemingly understand that their drivers are prone to be in accidents, as their insurance policies generally cover those affected by such collisions.
- You are injured by a rideshare driver while they are waiting for a ride request with their app turned on
- You are injured by a rideshare driver while they are on their way to pick up a rider or while transporting a rider
- You are injured while riding in a rideshare vehicle
A rideshare driver (for Uber or otherwise) may not be entitled to use the contracting company’s insurance unless their driver app is active at the time that they cause you injury. Even if you believe that you should be entitled to coverage, in some cases, you may not be.
Some possible reasons why you may not be covered by Uber or Lyft insurance policies include:
- The driver did not have their app on or properly engaged at the time that you were injured
- The driver app was not functioning properly at the time of your collision
- You face some other reason given by the driver, insurance company, or contracting company for why you should not be entitled to insurance compensation
Our Fort Mill Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys may help you file your insurance claim and ensure it is completed if this is the most appropriate means of seeking compensation for your losses. In other cases, you may need to file a lawsuit to obtain fair compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Lawyer May Complete Your Lawsuit If Necessary
A lawyer may help you complete a lawsuit in the case that your accident-related losses are not covered by a rideshare company’s insurance policy for any reason. Whether your losses outpace the coverage that an insurance policy provides or you are not able to obtain compensation through insurance for another reason, a lawsuit may be necessary to seek fair reimbursement.
To complete your lawsuit, your lawyer may:
- Determine who the parties responsible for your accident are
- Name defendants and file your lawsuit
- Collect all evidence suggesting that named defendants are responsible for your losses
- Document your injuries
- Calculate all of your losses
- Consult experts to provide testimony on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement or complete a trial
- Defend your rights
Compensation You May Receive After a Rideshare Accident
If your lawyer can negotiate a settlement through insurance or a pre-trial lawsuit, or if you obtain a judgment after a trial, then you may collect compensation for your losses. Your compensation could include coverage for:
- Lost income due to your injuries
- Diminished earning power
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
Your lawyer may advise you on the most appropriate means of pursuing compensation and serve you until your pursuit of awards is complete.
Reach Out to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a collision involving a rideshare driver, then a Fort Mill Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney may be able to plead your case for compensation through insurance or a lawsuit. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.