If your rideshare experience turned tragic due to a careless Uber or Lyft driver, you may be entitled to compensation. Rideshare claims and lawsuits are often complex, so you may want to hire a Clinton Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney to assist you with your case.
The injuries you experienced can cause you to miss time from work or perhaps end your career altogether. This is not fair, and at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, a member of our team may be able to help you pursue justice.
Using a rideshare service should not result in serious injuries that impact you physically, emotionally, and financially. Get started with your personal injury case today by getting a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Clinton, call (888) 612-7001
Liability and Rideshare Accidents
Drivers for Uber and Lyft are independent contractors. As such, they must carry a certain amount of insurance coverage. The when and how of your rideshare accident can affect liability in a civil case.
The “When” of Your Rideshare Accident
Liability for your injuries may be affected by the status of the rideshare driver when the accident occurred. For example, the driver may have been:
- Waiting for a ride request with the rideshare app turned on
- On their way to pick up a passenger
- Driving with a passenger in their car
- Running personal errands with the app turned off
The “How” of Your Rideshare Accident
A rideshare driver may cause a serious accident by engaging in one or more of the following activities behind the wheel:
- Distracted driving: continuously watching their app for ride requests can take their eyes off the road and their mind off driving.
- Drowsy driving: drifting to sleep behind the wheel is possible, especially if the driver works multiple jobs or long hours.
- Drunk driving: a driver who drives with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of .08 percent or higher is driving illegally.
- Aggressive driving: the driver may purposely tailgate or speed in order to deliver a passenger faster and to pick up the next passenger sooner.
An Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Clinton may be able to investigate and identify all parties who are potentially liable for your harm. If Uber or Lyft was lax in conducting proper background checks on their drivers, they may face liability regarding your accident and resulting injuries.
Clinton Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Types of Possible Compensation in an Uber or Lyft Accident
The injuries you or a loved one suffered due to a negligent rideshare driver can result in a lifelong need for medical care.
Seeking compensation in a civil case involving a rideshare service is complex due to the issue of liability. As personal injury lawyers, we typically pursue compensation for the following:
- Medical bills related to transport to the hospital, doctors’ fees, and other hospital costs
- Continuous medical expenses for such services as therapies and prescription medications
- The loss of your income due to time spent recovering at home or in the hospital
- The loss of your earning potential, if your injuries prevent you from returning to the same job as before the accident
- Pain and suffering
Our team understands how a rideshare accident can leave you feeling anxious about your finances and your financial future. We carefully evaluate all evidence regarding your accident in order to determine the best path forward.
How You May Be Able to Help Your Case
Serious injuries may result in a lengthy hospital stay and leave you feeling helpless. By providing the following information to your lawyer, you can get the wheels of justice turning as soon as possible.
Types of evidence often helpful in a rideshare accident case include:
- Photographs of the accident scene from your smartphone
- Contact information for witnesses
- The official police report for your accident
- Medical reports regarding your accident injuries
Gathering this and any other types of helpful information may save your lawyer valuable time. The sooner the evidence reaches your Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Clinton, the faster they can get to work for you.
Insurance Company Confusion
A rideshare accident may require dealing with more than one insurance company. Depending upon the when and how of your accident, insurance companies representing the driver, the rideshare company, or both may start to contact you.
The chaos of your sudden injuries, medical procedures, and changes in daily routine are enough to deal with. Aggressive insurance company representatives may try to pressure you into accepting a settlement that is far less than what you deserve.
Take a deep breath and consider securing legal representation as soon as possible. Once you hire George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, you can refer the insurance companies to your lawyer.
We always aim to negotiate for fair compensation on behalf of our clients. If we must, we are ready to go to trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Without Delay
Pursuing compensation in a personal injury case typically involves negotiating with an insurance company first—we only proceed to trial if absolutely necessary.
The process takes time – something that is often in short supply in personal injury cases. In order to seek the compensation you deserve, you must file your case within the required time limits as defined by South Carolina law. A Clinton Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer may be able to handle the details of your case, including important deadlines.
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we collect no fee unless we collect compensation for you. If your Uber or Lyft ride has turned tragic due to a negligent driver, our team is here to assist you during this difficult time.
Your medical expenses should not come from your personal finances due to an Uber or Lyft driver who failed to use care. To discover if you have a case, call us now or fill out our online form for a free case review.