Falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries, hip fractures, and other life-altering impairments, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
You deserve to have a Charleston slip and fall injury lawyer who takes your situation seriously and fights for what you deserve. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has over 40 years of experience securing favorable outcomes. We’re ready to investigate your case, negotiate a settlement, and recover the compensation you need.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
It Costs Nothing Up Front to Partner with Our Charleston Injury Team
We don’t want you to stress about affording our team. Right now, we know that you’re struggling with medical bills and missed time from work. The last thing you want to think about is affording legal aid.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers works on a contingency-fee basis. You pay nothing up front for our help – and we don’t charge hourly fees or retainers, either. We only get paid at the conclusion of your case, and only if it’s successful.*
Charleston Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
You Can Recover These Damages in a South Carolina Slip and Fall Accident Case
If we can establish the property owner’s or occupier’s negligence caused your accident, we can recover compensation for your injury-related losses. We will calculate your claim’s value based on numerous facts of your situation, including your overall health, age, and working ability.
We want to recover compensation that accounts for your past, present, and future injury-related hardships. Some compensable damages in your case may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical treatment and related healthcare expenses
- Ongoing and future care costs, if necessary
- Lost wages and future lost income
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Mental anguish
You may qualify for other damages than those listed here. For instance, if you lost a close loved one, compensation could account for their funeral and burial expenses.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
We Can Hold the Negligent Party Accountable for Your Injury-Related Losses
Our goal is to pursue compensation from the party that caused your accident. The liable party in your case may include a property owner, site manager, or homeowner. If you fell in a store, we can hold the store’s owner accountable for your losses – even if it’s a multi-million-dollar corporation.
Proving negligence requires our team to show:
- You had a legal right to be on the property and, therefore, the property owner had an obligation to provide safe premises.
- A hazard existed on the premises that the property’s owner knew (or should have) known about.
- You slipped and fell due to this hazard, suffering injuries.
- You suffered injuries and financial losses as a result of getting hurt.
We will use the accident report, your personal testimony, and security camera footage to prove your case’s key elements.
What Constitutes a Hazard in a Slip and Fall Accident?
After conducting our investigation, we may find that one of the following hazards contributed to your accident:
- Torn or frayed carpeting
- Slippery surfaces (for example, newly waxed floors)
- Debris in walkways or clutter in store aisles
- Exposed electrical wires
- Unmaintained sidewalks
- Uneven walkways
- Poor lighting
- Stairways without rails
Even if you don’t see the cause of your accident listed here, we can still build and manage your injury case.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Fighting for Compensation in Your Charleston Slip and Fall Case
You may have the following options when it comes to securing damages:
You Can File an Insurance Claim to Negotiate a Settlement
We will likely start your case by pursuing a settlement with the liable insurance company. The insurance company in question will depend on where your accident occurred. Consider the following:
- If you slipped and fell at your neighbor’s house, we would file your claim and negotiate a settlement with your neighbor’s homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.
- If you fell at a restaurant, grocery store, or another public place, we would file and negotiate with the corporation’s business liability insurance carrier.
We begin the claims process by sending a demand letter to the insurance company. This letter outlines your case and describes the nature and severity of your injuries. It also “demands” compensation for your injury-related damages.
In most cases, this letter opens the door for negotiations. We resolve many of our cases at this stage. You also get the final say in whether we accept an offer.
You Can File an Injury Lawsuit in Charleston Civil Court
If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will file a personal injury lawsuit in a South Carolina civil court. We will represent your case to the judge and jury. This involves:
- Cross-examining witnesses
- Taking depositions
- Presenting evidence
- Calculating your losses
- Communicating with the other party and their legal team
- Objecting to any unfair motions or questions
- Preparing you to give a statement
- Arguing your case before a judge and jury
- Evaluating similar outcomes of cases like yours
Connect with Our Slip and Fall Team Serving Charleston County
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers understands the complex laws that apply to slip and fall cases. We can explain your rights and build a strong case to secure compensation. You can trust our team to investigate your situation, pursue a fair settlement, and advocate for your rights throughout the process.
Call our Charleston office today at (843) 628-0100 to talk to a member of our premises liability team about your fall. You focus on getting better. We’ll take care of everything else.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100