Mopeds are growing in popularity, offering an easy way to get around the Lowcountry especially in the summer months. However, many drivers of passenger vehicles are not used to sharing the road with these smaller, slower vehicles. If you suffered injuries in a car versus moped accident in Charleston, we may be able to help you hold the at-fault passenger car motorist liable.
If we can prove a passenger car driver acted negligently and caused your crash, a moped accident lawyer in Charleston, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can try to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We offer free case reviews for accident victims.
For a free legal consultation with a moped accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 843-628-0100
Damages Available in a Successful Charleston, SC, Moped Accident
Many moped accidents occur at relatively low speeds. However, because moped operators lack the protection of a steel cage, catastrophic injuries can happen regardless of the speed at which the collision occurs. These injuries may include:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries
- Broken bones and amputations
- Other lasting impairments
Treatment for these significant injuries is often ongoing and may include weeks or even months in the hospital and inpatient rehabilitation. Their medical bills alone can sometimes top $1 million.
It is impossible to know the fair value of your case until we complete our investigation and understand the full scope of your expenses and losses.
What we can do, though, is explain the types of damages we often recover in these cases. This may include:
- Medical treatment and related expenses
- Pain management and other prescription medications
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Repair or replacement of your damaged moped
- Replacement of your helmet and/or any other damaged personal property
- Pain and suffering damages
- Mental anguish
- Other non-economic damages
Charleston Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
Proving Negligence and Liability in a Charleston Moped Crash
Careless or reckless passenger car drivers can cause a moped accident in several ways. Some common ways we have seen include:
- Texting or talking on the phone
- Other distracted driving practices
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Careless or inattentive driving
- Internal distractions
- Unsafe lane changes, often without signaling
- Failure to yield right of way
- Failure to check for oncoming vehicles before opening the door
Our moped accident attorneys in Charleston investigate every moped accident case we handle, working to understand how the passenger car driver caused your accident, identifying how her negligence led to your crash and collecting evidence to prove her liability.
In many cases, this requires us to enlist the help of an accident reconstruction specialist and other experts who can help us get to the bottom of what caused your accident and injuries. We also collect evidence to prove your expenses and losses, helping us understand a fair settlement value for your case.
Let Us Help You File for Compensation After Your Charleston Moped Accident
In some cases, we may be able to help you recover compensation for damages from a Charleston moped accident without filing a lawsuit and appearing in court. Under South Carolina law, all passenger car drivers must carry liability policies.
These policies pay out to cover some of the damages suffered by victims of the accidents they cause. This allows us to try to collect a fair settlement by filing an insurance claim before we resort to litigation.
The insurance claims process may require us to do any of the following:
- Determine a fair settlement value based on your expenses and losses
- Send a demand letter to the insurer that outlines our case and your damages
- Reject any settlement offer that does not cover your losses
- Aggressively pursue a fair settlement in negotiations with the insurer
- Reach a reasonable settlement agreement with the insurer, when possible
- Draft a settlement agreement and receive a payout on your behalf, when possible
If we cannot negotiate a fair settlement agreement with the insurance company, we may need to consider filing a personal injury lawsuit to try to recover the compensation you need.
We will represent you throughout this process, walking with you every step of the way. We will present the case we built to the judge and ask the court to determine if it believes you deserve a financial award and how much.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Moped Accident Lawyer in Charleston, SC
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we will evaluate your case for free. We can protect your right to compensation from unscrupulous tactics used by the insurance company to reduce your potential payout. Our team takes these cases on a contingency basis, which means you do not owe us anything until we win your case.
Call us today or fill out our online form for a free consultation with a Charleston moped accident lawyer.