Speeding is a traffic violation because traveling beyond the speed limit could lead to a serious accident. Drivers who speed may:
- Strike another vehicle
- Lose control of their vehicle
- Increase the severity of a collision they cause
- Put themselves, other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians at risk of harm
If you or a loved one was injured because of a speeding driver, a Charleston speeding accident lawyer may be able to help you pursue compensation for your losses. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about your case.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Speeding Is a Leading Cause of Accidents
Statistics show that speeding is among the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents. USA Today reinforces the dangers of speeding by noting that, though drunk driving tends to get a significant amount of attention in the form of awareness campaigns, speeding is just as deadly. According to their report, speeding:
- Increases the risk that an accident will occur
- Increases the severity of impact when an accident does occur
- Increases the risk of injury
- Increases the risk of death
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) conducted a study on the dangers of speeding and found that it was a factor in approximately one-third of motor vehicle accident-related deaths for over 20 years. There are many scenarios where speeding can directly cause an accident. Some possible outcomes of speeding include:
- A speeding driver might strike the rear-end of a vehicle that suddenly brakes
- A driver might lose control of their speeding vehicle, possibly striking other vehicles, pedestrians, or bicyclists
- A driver might be unable to stay in their lane while turning at high speeds, causing an accident as a result
Your Charleston Speeding Accident Attorney Can Help You Determine Who Is at Fault
If you choose to have a lawyer assist you after a speeding-related accident, they can assign which party or parties are at fault for your accident before pursuing compensation. The speeding driver may be clearly liable for your accident, but certain circumstances might indicate that they are not the only at-fault party. Additional parties who might be responsible for your accident may include:
- The employer liable for the actions of the speeding driver
- A government entity that failed to maintain roads or presented another hazard that contributed to your accident
- The parents of an underage driver who caused your accident
- A vehicle manufacturer, parts manufacturer, or mechanic tied in some way to the cause of your accident
Identifying liable parties for your collision and subsequent damages is one of the first steps in pursuing compensation. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about how a Charleston speeding accident lawyer can get started on your case.
Charleston Speeding Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
Your Accident-Related Losses May Be Covered
Being a victim of a speeding accident can bring on more damage than just physical injury or vehicle damage. Depending on the severity of the accident, other damages may follow that can affect a person’s finances, health, mental state, and life in general.
Some potential losses from a speeding accident can include:
- Physical limitations caused by one or more injuries
- Cognitive impairment caused by a head injury
- Psychological and emotional problems caused by the trauma of the accident
- The cost of medical care for physical and psychological trauma
- Lost income because of needing to stay home to recover from your injury
- Property damage, such as to a vehicle
- Permanent disability
- Scarring and other types of disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
Also, the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) states that you could develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after an accident. People may experience PTSD symptoms weeks, months, and even years after the accident, and may require psychological treatment to recover.
A Charleston Speeding Accident Lawyer Can Pursue Compensation for You
If your injuries prevent you from doing regular tasks or currently require extensive treatment, you might not be willing to execute a lawsuit on your own. If you do not feel confident about entering a legal battle by yourself, you can request legal assistance. A lawyer can take on the tasks of filing and completing any lawsuit that is necessary for you to seek compensation.
Some duties that your speeding accident lawyer in Charleston may perform on your behalf include:
- Investigating your accident independently
- Gathering pre-existing evidence and new evidence they uncover
- Organizing evidence in a way that supports your lawsuit
- Documenting your injuries
- Calculating your individual and total losses
- Filing your lawsuit and all subsequent paperwork required to complete your case
- Consulting experts to testify on your behalf
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial if a settlement is not feasible
- Defending your rights
Having a lawyer on your side could also be helpful in a more general sense, as they can answer questions you have throughout the legal process while providing guidance pertaining to your lawsuit.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
Work with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to Recover Your Losses
A speeding accident attorney in Charleston can help you prepare your case to fight for the justice you seek. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation with one of our team members and learn about the services we provide. Just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100