Drivers are responsible for accidents that they cause, whether the specific act that causes the collision is voluntary or not. Even though a sneeze is something that may be difficult or impossible to control, it does not absolve a motorist from fault if their sneeze causes them to strike another vehicle, pedestrian, or bicyclist. If you or a loved one was in an accident caused by a driver sneezing, then you may be entitled to compensation.
You may seek compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit. A Charleston driver’s sneeze accident lawyer can handle your case in either circumstance. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a driver's sneeze accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 843-628-0100
Sneezing Behind the Wheel Can Have Deadly Consequences
Although the act of sneezing is not intrinsically dangerous, it can cause an accident if a motorist does not take proper precautions to promote the safety of others. Some of the results of sneezing may include:
- Closing your eyes momentarily, which may occur successively depending on how many times you sneeze
- Your arms, hands, and head moving involuntarily
- Your attention being taken away from the road and the act of driving safely
Healthline notes that, in some cases, sneezing may even cause visual changes, such as seeing bright lights. The effects of sneezing can increase the risk of causing an accident because of how it briefly takes a driver’s eyes off the road.
When sneezing results in a collision, the party responsible for your accident may have to pay for the damages that they caused. If you or a loved one was injured because of a driver’s sneeze, then a Charleston driver’s sneeze accident lawyer can take on your case. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we strive to deliver legal care that works to get compensation for claimants’ losses.
Charleston Driver's Sneeze Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
A Driver’s Sneeze Accident Attorney in Charleston Will Aid Your Case for Compensation
A driver who sneezes and causes an injury to you or a loved one may be reluctant to admit fault or pay for your losses. You may also face challenges when dealing with the liable insurer, who may work to undervalue or deny your claim.
A Charleston driver’s sneeze accident lawyer can aid you in all dealings with the liable insurance company. They can seek to strengthen your case by presenting the insurance company with an itemized list of your damages and their related costs. This could help your lawyer negotiate for a settlement that seeks to promote your legal goals.
Some insurance-related duties that a lawyer can perform include:
- Explaining what you should and should not say to the liable insurer
- Communicating directly with insurance representatives whenever possible to protect your rights
- Collecting evidence to cite during insurance settlement negotiations
- Calculating the cost of your collision-related expenses
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf
When the Insurance Company Refuses to Pay Your Claim
Despite your lawyer’s efforts, you may not be able to obtain fair compensation through the liable insurance company. It is possible that:
- The at-fault party’s insurance company contests your account of the accident.
- The at-fault party’s insurance policy does not provide adequate coverage in the event of a crash.
- The insurance company repeatedly makes settlement offers that still leave you with outstanding expenses.
Bringing a lawsuit may be an option if insurance negotiations do not prove fruitful.
A Lawyer Can Help You File a Lawsuit, if Necessary
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our team has over 40 years of experience defending the rights of injured parties. We understand the challenges and responsibilities associated with bringing your case to court. You can expect a lawyer from our team to argue your case before a judge if an insurance settlement does not cover your losses.
If you choose to pursue a lawsuit, a lawyer will help you by:
- Obtaining all documentation of your injuries
- Obtaining all evidence relating to fault and liability
- Organizing evidence, including witness accounts, photos of the accident scene, and your medical records
- Identifying every party who is responsible for your accident
- Filing your lawsuit to the appropriate circuit and offices
- Negotiating a settlement with the other party’s legal counsel
- Advising you on your financial recovery options
Your lawyer’s goal is clear: to obtain justice in the form of compensation for your losses.
Your Lawyer Can Help You Recover the Cost of Your Damages
You may be experiencing a wide range of losses related to your medical care, property damage, and emotional wellbeing. We want to get started itemizing your list of damages today so that we can enter into negotiations with the liable party’s insurer. We want to recover compensation in your case that leaves you with no debts or outstanding expenses.
Some losses that we can pursue on your behalf include:
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of care for your physical and psychological injuries
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Rehabilitative care for your condition
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
Compensation for these and any other accident-related losses you have suffered could be available to you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Now
It is your right to have a Charleston driver’s sneeze accident attorney pursue compensation on your behalf after a motor vehicle accident. If you or a loved one has been injured because of a sneezing driver, then you may be able to collect compensation with the help of a Charleston driver’s sneeze accident lawyer.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more details about a lawyer’s services during a free case review.