Drivers have a responsibility to ensure their vehicles are safe for driving and should have them regularly maintained. One safety aspect that motorists might fail to consider is whether objects inside the vehicle are stowed safely. An object inside the vehicle could become the spark of an accident if it escapes the vehicle for any reason.
You may be owed compensation if you or a loved one was injured or your loved one passed away because of an accident involving a loose object. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to learn how a Charleston loose object in vehicle accident attorney could help you seek compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a loose object in vehicle accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 843-628-0100
Loose Objects Can Be Catalysts for Accidents
According to ScienceDaily, a AAA study revealed the magnitude of danger that debris can cause when it escapes from a vehicle. Some findings from the study were:
- Over four years, more than 200,000 accidents occurred because of debris on America’s roads
- A significant proportion of recorded deaths in the study (37 percent) occurred because drivers had to swerve to avoid some type of object on the road
- Debris-related accidents may occur more frequently during high-traffic periods in a given day
The study also notes that highways may increase the risk of debris falling from a vehicle onto the road because of the high speeds vehicle are traveling at. Motorists must take precautions to keep debris from falling out of their vehicle while on the roadway, as the consequences could be life and death.
Motorists’ Responsibility to Secure Their Items
Loose objects can be a life-threatening hazard. Drivers must make sure objects are secured onto the vehicle. Motorists must also take additional steps to avoid having objects fall onto the roadway, such as:
- Being aware of items in the vehicle that pose a risk of flying or falling out if you open a window or sunroof while driving
- Keeping windows and the sunroof closed if there are unsecured items that could fly out
- Ensuring that all doors are closed completely before driving
- Ensuring that items secured to the outside of a vehicle have no risk of coming loose
- Purchasing the equipment necessary to secure items properly rather than using measures that are unsafe or could malfunction
Any vehicle with unsecured items could be the source of accident-causing debris, such as commercial vehicles. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) sets regulations for cargo securement that commercial vehicles must abide by. They determine what cargo securement devices are acceptable, minimum workload limits, the minimum number of tie-downs, and other requirements.
If you or a loved one was injured because of a motorist’s failure to secure items inside or outside of their vehicle, a Charleston loose object in vehicle accident lawyer can help you bring a lawsuit or complete an insurance claim.
Charleston Loose Object in Vehicle Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
Accidents Caused by a Loose Object Demand Accountability
An accident caused by a loose object on the road might have you wonder who could be held liable. Depending on how the accident occurred, the following parties may be held liable for damages:
- The driver of the vehicle where the loose object fell from
- The employer of a driver who failed to secure an object or load properly
- The manufacturer of a specific vehicle or part that contributed to the loose object falling from the vehicle
- Any other party whose actions or failures contributed to your accident
How a Charleston Loose Object Vehicle Accident Lawyer Can Assist You
You may be facing numerous losses as a result of your accident. A lawyer can help you pursue financial coverage for accident-related damages. Some ways that a lawyer may assist you include:
- Identifying every party who is to blame for your accident
- Reviewing medical records to assess the nature and severity of your injuries, and how your injuries might affect you in the future
- Taking photos of your injuries
- Collecting and organizing evidence pertaining to your accident
- Photographing the scene of your accident, including the object that caused your accident if possible
- Filing your lawsuit in the appropriate jurisdiction
- Negotiating a compensatory settlement on your behalf
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
We’ll Handle the Insurance Company So You Don’t Have to
Your lawyer can deal with insurance companies on your behalf if you want to explore that route and can help you complete your lawsuit if insurance does not agree to the compensation you believe you are entitled to collect. Other general services that your legal team may provide are:
- Answering all questions that you have about your lawsuit and the legal process in general
- Handling your legal needs
- Defending your rights
- Guiding you through the legal process until your lawsuit is complete
Having a lawyer to fight your case can allow you to focus wholeheartedly on your recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today for Help
A loose object vehicle accident attorney in Charleston could be an invaluable resource if you are seeking compensation to potentially recover your damages. The legal process can be lengthy and complex. A lawyer can handle your lawsuit so that you can focus on getting better.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by a loose object in the road, you may be entitled to filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation, and we can determine if you are still eligible to bring your case.