Losing a loved one under any circumstances can be devastating. However, when a loved one dies unexpectedly in a car crash, their family and friends may experience both grief and anger at the tragic loss.
If you are looking for a Charleston fatal car accident attorney to represent you in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help. Call our Charleston office to get started.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Many Factors Can Lead to a Fatal Car Accident
Fatal car accidents can be caused by many factors or combinations of factors, such as:
- Poor weather conditions: If the weather is rainy or stormy, drivers need to be more cautious on the road. Roads can get slippery from rain or snow, their vision might get obscured because of fog or bright sunlight, or there might be obstacles in the road because of high winds.
- Drugs or alcohol: Any mind-altering substance, whether legal (e.g., alcohol) or illegal (e.g., methamphetamine), can impair a driver’s ability to make safe, smart decisions.
- Distracted driving: Drivers should be focused on the road at all times. Distracted driving occurs when a driver decides to engage in other activities while driving, such as texting, checking the radio, or turning around to look at something or someone in the backseat.
- Manufacturing errors: Some car parts contain dangerous flaws and should never have been sold to the general public. If they are not recalled quickly enough, they can cause deadly malfunctions.
Many causes of fatal accidents are the result of human error. An at-fault party may not have intended to hurt anyone, but that does not make the loss of your loved one any easier to bear.
Charleston Fatal Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
A Wrongful Death Case May Help You Recover Economic and Noneconomic Damages
We know that money cannot replace your loved one or make up for the time, attention, and support they would have given you. However, the death of a loved one can place an unexpected financial burden on you and your family. If you are struggling to keep up with your expenses after your loved one’s death, you might be eligible to seek recompense for your suffering and losses.
In wrongful death cases, you can ask for two main types of compensatory damages. The first type covers economic damages. Economic damages involves any money that you spent or lost as a result of the accident. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses: This damage might have occurred if your loved one received medical treatment before they passed away.
- Funeral expenses: This damage applies if you had to pay for your loved one’s burial and funeral service.
- Financial support: This damage applies if you were financially dependent on your loved one and suffered financial hardship as a result of their death.
The second type of compensation covers non-economic damages. Non-economic damages involve mental or physical losses. These damages may include:
- Loss of companionship: Your loved one was an important part of your life, and their absence has affected you emotionally and psychologically.
- Pain and suffering: This damage may apply if your loved one suffered mental or physical distress as a result of the accident and/or their injuries before they passed away. This can also apply to your grief and emotional anguish.
Our fatal car accident lawyers in Charleston can review your case to see which damages apply and whether there are any other types of economic or non-economic damages you may be entitled to receive.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
Start Taking Legal Action Now to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
We can evaluate your case free of charge and determine if you have a viable case. Then, a Charleston fatal car accident lawyer can take the lead on all further legal action so that you do not have to worry about your case.
Our team can help you build your case by:
- Meeting with you: Your initial phone consultation is free. If we agree to take your case, we can meet wherever you like, whether at your home or place of business.
- Investigating your claim: We leave no stone unturned when it comes to organizing your case. Police reports, witness statements, medical records, and maintenance records – we can look at all that and more to collect evidence that proves your claims.
- Figuring out who is responsible: The responsible party for a fatal car accident can be the driver, the manufacturer, a driving company, or a maintenance worker. In some cases, there may be more than one responsible party. Once we have figured out who is responsible, we can begin seeking damages from them.
Once we have gathered as much information as we can, we will take your case as far as we have to. Many insurance companies prefer to resolve things without going to trial and will offer you a settlement. If they do not offer you fair compensation, we can go to the negotiating table and fight on your behalf. If they still refuse to offer what you are entitled to collect, we will go to trial.
The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are truly sorry for your loss. While we cannot bring your loved one back, we can make sure you get the legal representation you need. The lawyer assigned to your case will do everything possible to fight for your rights. Call our Charleston office or fill out our online form for a free case review.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100