Any car accident is a frightening event. But when an accident is caused by someone else engaging in risky or reckless behavior, such as failing to yield when legally required, it can be infuriating as well. A Charleston failure to yield accident attorney from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers wants to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
We encourage you to take prompt legal action. While you may be able to recover compensation through out-of-court negotiations, you reasonably do not want to take any risks that could jeopardize your case.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Failing to Yield Can Have Many Consequences
S.C. Ann. § 56-5-2330(c) explains exactly what South Carolina drivers must do when they approach a yield sign:
- Slow down. The driver must reduce their speed to see if there are any vehicles approaching from the other direction.
- Stop, if necessary. The driver must yield the right of way to any approaching vehicle if it means preventing an accident. The driver must also stop if safety conditions demand it, such as slick roadways or inclement weather conditions.
These rules are in place for a reason: to protect everyone who uses or crosses a road. Failing to adhere to these rules can have a variety of dangerous consequences. Your lawyer will need to use evidence to determine how the other party’s negligence resulted in the collision that harmed you.
These pieces of evidence can include:
- The police or crash report
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Receipts demonstrating property damage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Your medical records
- Statements from your doctor
When we drive a motor vehicle – be it a car, truck, or motorcycle – we have a responsibility to ourselves and others to exercise caution and follow the law. If you were injured because someone shirked that responsibility, you may be able to recover compensation for your losses. By calling the Charleston office of George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, you are taking the first step in your fight for the damages you deserve.
Charleston Failure to Yield Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
There Are Two Forms of Compensation in Car Accident Cases
In a personal injury case, your losses will be split into economic and non-economic compensatory damages. Economic damages cover your financial losses.
Some examples of economic damages include:
- Lost income. If you were forced to take time off from work because of the accident or your injuries, you can factor the cost of your lost wages into your case.
- Repair bills. If your car was damaged or totaled in the accident, forcing you to have it repaired or replaced entirely, you can pursue compensation for this expense.
- Medical bills. If your injuries have required, continue to require, or will always require medical attention, you may be compensated for these losses.
Non-economic damages cover losses that do not have a predetermined monetary value. How much you can recover in non-economic damages will rest on many factors specific to your situation.
Some examples of non-economic damages include:
- Disability. If your injuries left you temporarily or permanently disabled, you could recover compensation for the challenge of living with an impairment.
- Reduced quality of life. If your injuries and the complications they caused affected your ability to work, interact with others, and enjoy your life, your lawyer can calculate this expense.
- Pain and suffering. The accident or your injuries may have caused you physical and/or psychological pain. You may be compensated for short-term pain, like that caused by fractured or broken bones, or chronic pain.
The above damages are meant to give you an idea of what you may be entitled to. Every claimant’s case is different, so every claimant will be entitled to different kinds of damages. It might be a good idea to go over your case with a lawyer who can help you figure out exactly what you may be able to recover.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
What a Charleston Failure to Yield Accident Lawyer Can Do
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has over 40 years of experience handling personal injury cases. Our failure to yield accident lawyers in Charleston are determined to put our experience and network of resources to work for you.
Here is a broad overview of the legal services we provide:
We Can Investigate and Build Your Case
After determining whether you have a case, we will launch an investigation into your accident. This may include reviewing police reports and witness statements, requesting traffic surveillance footage, and collecting documentary evidence, like medical or repair bills.
In a personal injury case, you, the claimant, have the legal responsibility to prove that the accident was caused by another party’s negligence. You must also prove that you have suffered damages that merit compensation. By gathering evidence, we aim to make your case stronger.
Our Team Can Negotiate for a Fair Settlement
Some insurance companies seek to settle claims by paying claimants as little as possible. While you may want to resolve your case quickly, be aware that the initial offer presented by the insurer may not work in your best interest.
You do not have to settle for unfair, inadequate compensation. We are not afraid to go toe to toe with the involved insurance companies and negotiate for the money you deserve.
We Can Go to Court
While we will do everything in our power to settle your legal matters out of court, sometimes, an insurance company will refuse to offer a fair settlement. If that happens to you, we will take your case to court and represent you in the courtroom. We can do this by locating and examining witnesses, presenting evidence, and arguing your case before a judge and jury.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Learn More About Your Legal Options Today
Let a Charleston failure to yield accident lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers work on your case. We will focus on recovering damages so that you can focus on recovering physically and mentally. Call the Charleston office or fill out our online contact form for free case review. You will not have to pay us unless you receive compensation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100