Drunk driving is illegal and dangerous, and it can have huge consequences. If you were injured by a drunk driver, and you now need a Charleston drunk driving accident attorney, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers wants to hear from you.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Driving Drunk Is Illegal and Immoral
“Don’t drink and drive.” These words have been relayed in public service announcements, tragic news stories, and warnings from others. Per the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, if you are caught driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 percent or higher, you can face fines, imprisonment, and license suspension.
However, driving drunk is more than illegal. It can take people’s lives. Drunk drivers kill over 10,000 people in the United States every year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Driving while intoxicated can cause all kinds of damage, from severe injuries to property damage.
The risks of drinking and driving are well-known, and there are plenty of alternatives to getting behind the wheel after drinking. There is no excuse for drunk driving. If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one because of a drunk driver, contact our Charleston drunk driving accident attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. The initial case evaluation is free, and we will not charge you any attorney’s fees unless we win your case.
Charleston Drunk Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
You Can Seek Both Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Drunk driving accidents can have physical, mental, and financial consequences. Claimants can sue for compensation for economic and non-economic damages they incurred from a drunk driving accident.
Economic damages encompass financial costs incurred as a result of the accident and/or your injuries. These damages may include costs for:
- Car repairs: Your car was damaged in the crash and required repairs.
- Car rental or replacement: You had to rent a car while waiting for your car to be fixed or, if your car was beyond saving, until you were able to buy a new one.
- Medical treatment: You had to go to a doctor or a hospital to check for and/or treat injuries. If your injuries are permanent, you may have to pay for repeated doctor’s visits, corrective surgery, or homecare.
- Other services: This may include childcare services, house cleaning services, lawn care services, or any other expenses you would not have had if not for your injuries.
Non-economic damages encompass physical or emotional losses you have experienced, which do not have an assigned monetary value. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering: Your accident or injuries caused you distress. This can be physical or emotional pain. This can also cover psychological injuries, such as depression or trauma.
- Disability: Your injuries are permanent, which means you cannot go back to the physical or mental state you had prior to the accident.
- Scarring or disfigurement: Your injuries left you with noticeable or painful scars or an improperly healed wound.
- Reduced quality of life: Due to any of the above, you will never be able to engage in the job or activities you love to the same extent as before.
If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a loved one, you may qualify for other types of economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses: This is an economic damage meant to compensate you for the cost of putting your loved one to rest.
- Loss of companionship: This is a non-economic damage meant to compensate for the fact that your loved one can no longer provide you affection and support.
A drunk driving accident lawyer in Charleston from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may help you calculate your damages, based on your situation. Our team can explain what each damage category means in more detail and help you identify other damages related to your case.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
We Can Give You the Legal Help That You Need
If you or a loved one was in an accident, it is natural that you might want to focus on your family rather than on legal matters. Lawsuits can be complicated. However, do not let that stop you from seeking the damages you might be entitled to collect.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can handle your case, giving you the breathing space you want to step back and let yourself heal without sacrificing much-needed compensation.
Among the services we can provide are:
- A free case review: You can get a free consultation with one of our team members, who can tell you what your rights are and if you have a case.
- An independent investigation: We will look at medical records, repair records, police reports, surveillance videos, and more to prove who the responsible parties are.
- Negotiation: Insurance companies want to pay the minimum amount of compensation possible. We want you to get every penny you are entitled to receive, and we will fight for your compensation at the negotiating table.
- Courtroom representation: If the insurance company will not settle, we can take your case to court. This may involve oral arguments, finding and questioning witnesses, submitting documentary evidence, and general legal representation.
- Efficient work: Whether it is filing paperwork on time or preparing arguments for a judge and jury, we know how important this case is to you and your family. We will work hard every step of the way.
A Charleston drunk driving accident lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you need to recover from your injuries and damages. Contact our Charleston office by phone or through our online form for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we win your case.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100