At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we believe that no family should have to suffer the pain of losing a loved one in a car accident caused by a defective vehicle. During your time of grief and mourning, our team wants to help you receive the legal representation and compensation you deserve.
A Charleston deadly defective vehicles attorney can investigate your case, negotiate with the insurance companies, and advocate for your legal rights. Additionally, we offer legal services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you do not have to pay us any retainers or starting fees to get our assistance.
For a free legal consultation with a deadly defective vehicles accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 843-628-0100
Drivers Are Protected from Defective Auto Parts
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is in charge of creating and enforcing vehicle safety standards. They accept driver complaints and issue recalls on defective vehicular components and vehicles themselves.
The government is not the only organization guarding consumers against unsafe auto parts. Trucking companies also have a responsibility to keep their vehicles roadworthy. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), commercial vehicles must be inspected and maintained on a regular basis, and all flaws or broken parts must be repaired. The trucking company must also keep records to demonstrate that they are in compliance with these rules.
Yet, despite these precautions, accidents due to defective parts still happen. Whether it was a manufacturer or maintenance company that failed to spot and remove a hazard, faulty auto parts sometimes get out onto the road and cause accidents. Unfortunately, those accidents can be deadly.
Charleston Deadly Defective Vehicles Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
The Difference Between Economic Damages and Non-Economic Damages
Upon deciding that you want to move forward with legal action, you may encounter the terms “economic damages” and “non-economic damages.” Both refer to types of damages that are meant to compensate you for your various accident-related expenses.
Economic damages cover any financial losses related to the accident or expenses stemming from it. Some examples include:
- Your loved one’s final medical costs. If your loved one needed any medical treatment toward the end of their life, you may be able to seek compensation for these expenses. This may include life support or hospice.
- Funeral costs. After your loved one passed away, you may have had to pay for their funeral and burial expenses. You may be able to include these expenses into the value of your case.
- Loss of wages. If your loved one’s income supported any dependents, such as a spouse or children, a lawyer can calculate your loved one’s lost income.
Non-economic damages cover any loss that does not have an established dollar value. Some examples include:
- Loss of companionship. You may be able to recover compensation associated with the loss of a spouse or partner.
- Emotional pain and suffering. The emotional turmoil of losing a loved one can be factored into the value of your damages.
Losing someone you love is devastating, especially when their death could have been prevented. Monetary damages cannot make up for your loss, but they can ease the financial burden caused by your loved one’s passing. A deadly defective vehicles lawyer in Charleston at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers wants to be part of your support system during this difficult time.
Getting Help From a Charleston Deadly Defective Vehicles Lawyer
Our legal team understands that you are going through a difficult time, and we want to help the best way we know how––by fighting for your rights and the money you deserve. When filing a wrongful death claim, we can:
- Review your case. We will listen to your story and tell you whether or not you have a case. This evaluation will not cost you anything but a few minutes of your time.
- Identify the liable party. In cases involving defective auto parts, the liable party may be a vehicle’s manufacturer, a commercial company, a maintenance company, or another party. We can figure out who is liable by looking at police reports, maintenance records, and FMCSA complaints.
- Manage communications. We will handle all communications between you and the liable parties. We will also keep in contact with you, update you on your case, and answer whatever questions you may have.
- Meet with the insurance companies. Sitting down at a negotiating table with an insurance company may sound like a daunting experience. For us, it is business as usual. We will fight hard for every penny you deserve.
- Go to trial. Unfortunately, not every case ends in a successful negotiation. If the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement, we will continue the fight in the courtroom.
We believe that you should not have to shoulder the legal obligations of a wrongful death case alone. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or through our online form. A Charleston deadly defective vehicles lawyer will do everything they can to get you compensation.