Becoming disabled can affect every aspect of your life, causing you to have to rely on others for assistance with basic life activities and jeopardizing your financial security. The Social Security Disability system is here to help you receive replacement income that can provide for your basic necessities, but you must first be able to prove your entitlement to these benefits.
A Cayce Social Security Disability attorney from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you apply for benefits and appeal any adverse decisions that prevent you from receiving benefits.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
How We Can Help With Each Stage of Your Claim
We can assist you with every stage of your claim, including the following:
Cayce Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
When you submit an application for Social Security Disability benefits, you may need to be able to show that you have a “medically determinable physical or mental impairment” that is terminal or has lasted (or will last) for at least 12 months.
You may also have to be able to show that your impairment prevents you from performing substantial gainful activity, which the Social Security Administration (SSA) generally defines as making more than $1,260 for a disabled individual or $2,110 for a blind individual.
Additionally, SSA states that you may also show that you are eligible for benefits because:
- You have paid into the Social Security Disability system and worked for long enough to qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or,
- That you meet the needs-based criteria to qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
To qualify for SSDI, you must usually be able to show that you worked full-time for at least five years for the last ten years.
However, SSA states that in order to qualify for SSI, you must be able to show that your countable income is not more than the federal benefit amount ($783 per month in 2020), and that your countable resources are not more than $2,000.
Your Social Security Disability lawyer in Cayce can help at this stage of your case by:
- Helping you complete the application
- Requesting your medical records and compiling summaries that showcase the most important information
- Speaking with your doctor about your condition
- Presenting the information to the Social Security Administration
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
If your initial application is denied, you will receive a notice of the adverse decision and instructions on how to appeal the decision and request reconsideration. Our lawyers can assist at this stage in the process by:
- Filing your appeal within the applicable deadline
- Explaining why you were denied
- Providing supplemental information to challenge the adverse decision
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
The next level of appeal is a hearing. Our lawyers can prepare you for the hearing and discuss questions you will likely encounter during the hearing from us or the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), such as:
- What medical conditions do you have that impact your ability to work?
- Do you suffer from any mental health problems?
- What symptoms do you have?
- How do you deal with pain?
- Are you currently under a doctor’s care?
- What is the highest level of education you obtained?
- What jobs have you worked in the past ten years?
- Are you currently working?
- Describe a typical day in your life
- Are there things you used to be able to do that you cannot do now?
- Can you walk a block?
- Can you climb a flight of stairs?
You may have other witnesses that help support your claim. This should be someone familiar with your medical condition and how it has impacted you.
A vocational expert may also be at the hearing. He or she will testify about the type of work that you are able to perform based on your residual functional capacity, age, work history, and education.
If your claim is denied at the hearing level, the next level of appeal is at the Appeals Council. This type of appeal is different because it does not focus specifically on your disability. Instead, it is focused on whether the Administrative Law Judge made an error with your claim.
Our disability lawyers can assist with this process by:
- Reviewing the denial letter you received from the Administrative Law Judge
- Explaining the information in the ALJ’s denial letter
- Analyzing your denial for inaccurate or missing information
- Highlighting certain information in your case file which you want the Appeals Council to make note of
- Supplementing your claim with additional evidence
- Preparing written arguments for the Appeals Council to consider
Because this is a highly technical process, you may want to work with a lawyer who is familiar with the appeals process and the type of content that can help override a previous claim denial.
Federal District Court
The last level of appeals is at the federal district court. If your claim was denied at the Appeals Council level, this is your last resort to have your claim approved. Our lawyers can prepare a petition that outlines your claim and why you qualify for benefits. This involves being familiar with federal court procedures and rules. Contact us to help with your claim.
Contact Us to Get Started
If you are unable to work because of a disability, a Social Security Disability lawyer serving Cayce from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you with every aspect of your benefits claim.
We provide a free consultation so that you can learn more about whether you qualify for benefits – and about how we can help you. We charge no attorney fees unless your claim is approved. Get started with your claim by calling us or filling out our online contact form.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001