If you suffered an injury in a traffic accident, you may be able to receive money for your injuries from the party who caused the accident. All drivers in South Carolina must carry liability automobile insurance to cover damages they cause in a car accident.
Working with the other party’s insurance company to get fair compensation can be difficult, but you are not alone. Our car accident lawyers serving Cayce, SC are here to help. Call (888) 612-7001 for a free consultation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
How Automobile Insurance Works in South Carolina
South Carolina is a comparative negligence state, meaning that you must prove that another individual was 50% or more at fault for your collision in order to recover money for your injuries. If you suffer an injury in a car accident, you look to the party that caused the collision to compensate you for your injuries. South Carolina law requires that every insurance policy provides at least minimum limits liability coverage. If a policy provides minimum limits, it affords:
- $25,000.00 as the maximum that any one person may recover for bodily injury or death in an accident
- $50,000.00 as the maximum amount that the insurance company will pay collectively to all injured or killed persons involved in an accident
- $25,000.00 as the maximum amount that the insurance company will pay collectively to compensate all parties for their property damage in an accident
If your car accident lands you in the hospital, you may quickly exceed the policy maximum.
The insurance company may ask you to sign a document and accept a check for your injuries shortly after the accident. Do not sign anything until you speak to a lawyer. A car accident lawyer serving Cayce, SC will read your settlement agreement and help explain what it means. We can also help you weigh the pros and cons of signing the agreement.
If you suffered an injury in a traffic collision, contact a car accident lawyer at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for help. Concentrate on recovering from your physical injuries while our lawyers work with the insurance company to get you a fast and fair settlement for your injuries.
Cayce Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me2(888) 612-7001
Proving Liability of the Other Driver in a Car Accident
In order to bring a successful personal injury claim, our team must be able to prove that another party’s negligence caused your accident. Examples of negligence can include situations where:
- The other driver exceeded the speed limit.
- The other driver was texting, talking on the phone, adjusting their GPS, or daydreaming.
- The other driver was drunk or under the influence of drugs.
- The other driver was following your vehicle too closely.
- The other driver pulled in front of your vehicle or failed to obey other traffic laws.
Gathering Evidence to Prove Liability in a Car Accident
Our lawyers will gather evidence to show the other driver was not operating their vehicle in a safe manner:
- The lawyer can interview any witnesses to the crash who saw the accident or heard the other driver admit fault for the accident.
- The lawyer can obtain cell phone records showing the other driver was texting at the time of the accident.
- The lawyer can collect any available footage of the accident from traffic or surveillance cameras.
Proving Liability for Someone Other than the At-Fault Driver
Our lawyers will investigate your car accident to see if there are any additional parties other than the at-fault driver that may be liable for your collision. For example, the other driver’s employer may be liable if the driver was acting within the scope of their employment at the time of the accident. The owner of the vehicle may also be liable if the driver was acting on their behalf or if the owner allowed a known bad driver to operate their vehicle.
If you suffered an injury in a car accident, contact a car accident lawyer serving Cayce, SC. We will work to recover compensation while you recover from your injuries and the stress of the accident.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries in a Car Accident
Whether we are working toward a settlement with the other driver’s insurance company or building a case to present in court, the car accident lawyers at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are ready to go to work for you.
Types of Injuries in a Car Accident
Our lawyers represent clients who have suffered a wide variety of injuries in car accidents:
- Head injuries: The symptoms of a head or brain injury may not appear immediately. Be on the lookout for headaches, memory loss, and mood swings if your head struck an object during the accident.
- Broken bones: The impact of a car accident can result in broken arms, legs, wrists, and ankles.
- Internal injuries: Your seat belt can save your life, but it can also injure you internally.
- Spinal injuries: Spinal injuries to the back and neck can result from even relatively minor rear-end collisions.
Compensation You Can Recover for Injuries in a Car Accident
Damages you can recover in a car accident case include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Impact of Your Fault on a Car Accident Claim
Contact a lawyer even if you think you might be partly to blame for the accident. Do not assume you will not be compensated. In South Carolina, you may still receive partial damages if you were not the primary cause of your collision. This means that, so long as you were not 50% or more at fault for your collision, you may still be eligible to collect money for your injuries.
Proving Your Damages in a Car Accident
Our lawyers will read your medical records, talk to your doctors, and consult with medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries and the medical care you will need in the future. We will speak to you, your family, your friends, and your co-workers to learn how the accident changed your life. We cannot change what happened to you, but we can help you get the money you need to get your life back on track.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
When You Must File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In South Carolina, injured parties generally have three years to file for damages. In some cases, however, this time period can be even shorter. If you were involved in an accident, you should not wait to contact our car accident lawyers to begin working on getting the money you deserve.
If you suffered personal injuries in an automobile collision, call (888) 612-7001 now to speak with a car accident lawyer at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001