If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving a rideshare vehicle, a Carolina Forest Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can assist you with your case. We can help you if you were injured as a:
- Rideshare driver or passenger
Our team can help you build a case that recovers compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and emotional trauma. You do not need to navigate the claims process without representation. We can address the obstacles that may arise throughout the course of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Carolina Forest, call (888) 612-7001
Understanding Rideshare Insurance Policies
Uber and Lyft provide insurance coverage to drivers and passengers in the event of an accident. However, whether this coverage applies to you will rest on multiple elements specific to your case. For instance, the status of the driver at the time of the collision will affect your financial recovery options. Your lawyer can review the information associated with your situation and share what avenues of pursuing compensation are available to you.
Some of the insurance policies that may apply in rideshare accidents include:
The Liable Driver’s Personal Insurance Policy
The South Carolina Department of Insurance requires all drivers to maintain minimum liability insurance coverage in the following amounts:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
If the rideshare driver was liable for the accident, they may only have this minimum liability coverage. If the liable party does not have adequate insurance coverage, then your lawyer can file a lawsuit and pursue compensation in court.
A Third Party’s Insurance Policy
Sometimes, car accidents feature more than one at-fault party. For instance, let’s say that you were injured in a collision involving a rideshare vehicle. Perhaps the accident itself was caused by a defective vehicular component, like faulty brakes. In that situation, you could file a claim with the rideshare company and the company who manufactured the defective car part.
Yet, navigating an insurance claim between multiple parties can quickly become confusing. This is where a lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can step in and provide assistance.
The Rideshare Company’s Insurance Policy
Depending on the details of your case, you may be able to seek coverage under Uber or Lyft’s insurance policy. However, you may first be required to file a claim with any other applicable insurance policies before you can receive this type of coverage.
Carolina Forest Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
What to Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident
If you were injured in a rideshare accident, there are several steps you will need to take in the days and weeks following the accident, including:
- Requesting a copy of the police report. Rideshare drivers are instructed to notify law enforcement if they are involved in a motor vehicle accident. You should request a copy of the police report and share that information with your legal team.
- Notifying the rideshare company. You will need to notify the relevant rideshare company that an accident occurred. You will need to do this before you can file a claim with the rideshare company’s insurance policy. You can notify the rideshare company either on their website or from the app.
- Documenting your accident. Your lawyer will use evidence to build your case. Take a screenshot of all the information pertaining to the trip from the app. Photograph your injuries. Print out any pictures that you took at the scene of the accident. Later on, this information can be used to support your pursuit of compensation.
- Keeping documents pertaining to cost. Your lawyer can calculate the cost of your accident-related expenses based on the invoices, receipts, and bills related to your losses. You should keep all documents that provide information regarding your expenses, including your medical bills, vehicle repair records, and employment records.
If you have been injured, your top priority should be your health. Our Carolina Forest Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys can handle the responsibilities involved with proving your case while you focus on your recovery.
How Our Rideshare Accident Lawyers Can Help
The goal of your Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Carolina Forest is to recover a fair settlement for you and your family. They can help you with your claim by:
- Identifying the parties responsible for your accident
- Analyzing all involved insurance policies and coverage limits
- Handling all communications with the insurance company
- Gathering documentation to establish the full extent of your injuries and losses
- Negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf
- Consulting with your doctor regarding your diagnosis and prognosis
- Explaining your financial recovery options
- Providing legal representation in court, if necessary
We are ready to assist you with all aspects of your case. We want to be your legal advocate during this difficult time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Personal Injury Team Today
If you or a loved one was injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you should consider legal representation from a firm that understands these types of situations. A Carolina Forest Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is ready to assist you.
We will conduct an investigation into your claim, identify all potential sources of compensation, and fight for your legal rights. Because we work on a contingency-fee basis, you are not responsible for any upfront fees; you only pay for our services if we recover compensation on your behalf. Get the process started by calling George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers or filling out our online contact form.