Every year, South Carolina welcomes millions of visitors who are attracted to our beautiful beaches and fun water activities. However, not all people know how to safely operate a boat. Inexperience, intoxication, and distraction often cause boating accidents, leading to fatalities or serious injuries.
If you were injured in a boating accident or lost a loved one in a boating accident, a Carolina Forest boat accident attorney from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may assist you with your claim. We can help you navigate your claim and identify all potential sources of compensation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Common Types of Boating Accidents That Can Lead to Injuries
Boats are used for transportation, recreation, and work. There are many different types of boating accidents, such as:
- Collisions involving two boats
- Collisions between a vessel and a fixed object
- Vessel flooding
- Work vessel injuries
- Commercial shipping accidents
Carolina Forest Boat Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
The Coast Guard Names the Top Causes for Boating Accidents
According to the U.S. Coast Guard, there were 4,168 recreational boating accidents, 613 deaths, and 2,559 injuries in recreational boating accidents in 2019.
The Coast Guard reported the following major causes of boating accidents, in order of frequency:
- Improper lookout
- Excessive speed
If you were injured in a boating accident, you can hire a boat accident lawyer in Carolina Forest to help you identify the potentially liable parties and factors that contributed to your accident.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Your Case May Be Subject to Maritime Laws
Water accidents may involve maritime law, which are laws that govern legal issues involving navigable waters. Your case could be related to:
- Death on the High Seas Act: This law allows the personal representative of an individual who died beyond three nautical miles from the United States shore due to a wrongful act, neglect, or default.
- Jones Act: Federal law allows workers involved with transporting goods for trade to file a claim against the employer.
- Longshore Harbor and Workers’ Compensation Act: This law allows employees who are injured while working on a vessel to file for workers’ compensation.
You can contact your legal team to determine which federal act might be applicable to your claim.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
You May Receive Damages After Filing a Boating Accident Claim
The damages you might be able to receive will depend on which type of claim you file. Personal injury claims and wrongful death claims may award different types of damages and depend on the specific details of your case.
A personal injury claim occurs when you are hurt due to the negligent actions of another person. You may have the right to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Property damage to repair or replace the personal property that was damaged in the accident
- Past, current, and future medical bills, including costs for hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, and medication
- Lost income for the wages you lost while recovering from your injuries
- Lost earning capacity if you cannot return to the same line of work after the accident
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and inconvenience
Wrongful death occurs when a person’s negligence or willful or reckless conduct results in the death of a loved one. With this type of legal action, you may be able to recover compensation for damages, such as:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of financial support that your loved one would have provided had they survived
- Loss of services, such as childcare, cleaning, and cooking, which the loved one would have provided
- Loss of comfort, support, and companionship
- Loss of inheritance that the family would have received over the course of the victim’s life expectancy
The potential value of your claim depends on the extent and value of the damages you suffered. While it may be easier to quantify certain types of damages, such as property repair costs or medical expenses, other damages like pain and suffering are difficult to quantify. A lawyer can help you calculate your total damages and include them in your demand letter for compensation.
How Our Personal Injury Team Can Help
Our Carolina Forest boat accident lawyers can help you with your claim by:
- Identifying parties who are potentially liable for your injuries
- Reviewing insurance policies and coverage limits
- Gathering documentation, video, and photographic evidence of how the accident occurred
- Handling communications with the insurance company
- Preparing a customized demand package that explains how the accident happened and sums up the extent of your damages
- Negotiating a settlement
- Preparing to take your case to court, if necessary
If you would like to retain our services to have a legal advocate on your side who will be dedicated to pursuing compensation for your claim, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help.
Contact a Carolina Forest Boat Accident Lawyer for Help
If you were injured in a South Carolina boating accident, our Carolina Forest boat accident lawyers from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can walk you through your claim. After conducting a thorough investigation and identifying involved parties, we can negotiate for compensation for your claim.
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, so you are not responsible for paying any attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for your claim. You can learn more about the potential value of your claim, the applicable timeline for filing your claim, and how we can help by contacting us today by phone or through our online form.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001