If you suffered an injury in a car accident, you may be entitled to money for your injuries, pain, suffering, and other related damages. A car accident lawyer serving Bluffton, SC can help.
Before you accept a settlement from the other party’s insurance company, call the legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers at (888) 612-7001 for a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Bluffton2, call (888) 612-7001
Things You Should Know About Car Accidents in South Carolina
You should take certain steps after you are involved in a car accident in South Carolina:
- If someone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Call the police. South Carolina law requires calling the police if someone is injured or killed. If you do not report the accident to the police, however, you must at least report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if someone is injured, killed.
- Have an accident report created by the responding officer.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Get names and contact information from anyone who saw the accident.
- Take photos of the damage to the cars, debris from the accident, traffic signals, and skid marks on the pavement.
- File a copy of the police report with the DMV.
- Seek medical attention and ask your doctor these questions.
- Contact a car accident lawyer serving Bluffton, SC to review your legal options.
Bluffton Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me2(888) 612-7001
What to Expect After a Vehicle Accident
South Carolina is a “comparative negligence” state, meaning that you must prove that another individual was 50% or more at fault for your collision in order to recover money for your injuries. If the other driver caused your car crash, expect to hear from his or her insurance company soon after the accident.
The insurance company may make you an offer to settle your claim, but you should not sign any documents without discussing your case with a lawyer first. If you sign the settlement document, you generally cannot back out of the agreement except in special circumstances.
Call a car accident lawyer at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for help. If the insurance company’s offer is too low, your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company to make sure you get a settlement that compensates you fairly for your injuries.
Proving Who Is at Fault for a Car Accident
An insurance company may dispute your claim. A car accident lawyer at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will investigate your case to prove liability. The lawyer may show the other driver was negligent and that their negligent conduct caused your injury. Many different situations can arise on the road that can result in an accident, including those where:
- The other driver was exceeding the speed limit.
- The other driver ran a red light or a stop sign.
- The other driver was following your car too closely.
- The other driver was texting or talking on his or her phone.
- The other driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
How can the lawyer show the conduct?
- The lawyer can investigate the accident scene.
- The lawyer can interview witnesses.
- The lawyer can hire an accident reconstructionist to recreate the accident.
- The lawyer can consider other parties who may be responsible for the accident. (For example, the other driver may have been within the scope of his or her employment or may have been driving someone else’s car at the time of the accident.)
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries in a Car Accident
When you come to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we will ask you to explain your injuries. Our lawyers want to know if you can work, if you are in pain, and if you are experiencing depression or anxiety. Be open with this information so we can get you the help you need.
Damages You Can Recover for Your Injuries in a Car Accident
Depending upon the details of your accident, you may be able to recover the following compensation for your injuries:
- Your medical expenses: This may include compensation for future medical expenses including rehabilitation costs.
- Your lost wages: You may not be able to work or you may miss work when you go to appointments with a doctor or a therapist, causing you to lose money on from your paycheck.
- Property damage: You may get your car repaired or receive its replacement value. You can get reimbursed for a rental car or other transportation costs made necessary by your accident.
- Pain and suffering: Your injury may cause severe pain. Keep a journal of this pain, including details about the severity and how long it lasts, for use in your claim.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: After the accident, you may find you cannot do some things that you did before the accident. This can include recreational activities.
- Loss of affection and companionship: Your spouse can sometimes recover damages for his or her loss of affection and companionship – this is called loss of consortium.
If you suffer an injury in a traffic crash, call a car accident lawyer at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for help. Our lawyers will work towards getting you a fair settlement for your injuries while you focus on your recovery.
Proving Your Injuries in a Car Accident
Our lawyers will read your medical records, talk with your physicians, and consult medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries. We have handled cases where our clients suffered head injuries, spinal injuries, broken bones, and internal injuries. No two cases are alike, but we have experience placing a value on car accident injuries.1
Call us even if you think you were partly to blame for the accident. You may still be able to recover a part of your damages if the other party contributed more to the accident than you did. A car accident lawyer serving Bluffton, SC can help prove you have a right to recover money for your damages.
Reaching a Settlement in a Car Accident Case
Our lawyers will negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fast and fair settlement. If the insurance company refuses to provide a reasonable settlement offer in your case, we can take the matter to court. You generally have three years to file a case, but the sooner you contact our lawyers, the sooner we can start working to get you the money that you deserve.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Serving Bluffton, SC
Did you suffer an injury in a traffic accident? You may be eligible to recover damages for your medical costs and other damages. Call a car accident attorney at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers at (888) 612-7001 for a free consultation.