Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere: at work, at nightclubs, at restaurants, on sidewalks, even in private homes. If you tripped over a loose paver at your boss’ backyard pool where he hosted the annual Fourth of July mixer, you’ve experienced a slip and fall. Whether you want to sue your boss for your broken wrist is up to you. The point is, you could if you wanted to.
The state of South Carolina has enacted rights for individuals who suffer injuries on a property they do not own. These rights are based on the idea that property owners are legally obligated to take every precaution to maintain the premise and keep it safe. It is known as the premises liability law in South Carolina.
It is vital that you act swiftly to understand your rights in a slip and fall accident. Find out how our team can help. Speak to a slip and fall lawyer in Bennettsville, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers during a free consultation by phone or in-person.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
The Number One Factor in a Slip and Fall Case: Negligence
Whether your slip and fall accident occurred on public or private property in Bennettsville, South Carolina, does not matter when it comes to having a bonafide case.
What does matter in a slip and fall case is the occurrence of negligence. If you were injured as a result of property owner neglect, you probably can receive compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and attorney fees.
Proving the Property Owner Was Negligent
To prove negligence in a slip and fall case, you need to possess a strong knowledge of the Premises Liability Law and, preferably, previous dealings with personal injury cases.
The legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will investigate the details of your slip and fall accident, focusing their high-powered, legal beam on answering three critical questions:
- What party is ultimately at fault for the accident?
- Was the responsible party negligent or otherwise contributed to the accident?
- Did the injured party cause or contribute to the accident in any manner?
If you, as the victim, were legally present on the property, you have already met one of the most stringent pieces of criteria for damage recovery in South Carolina courts.
The Age Factor
Age is another important consideration in premises liability cases. Children involved in slip and fall accidents tend to have more favorable results in court because they are less able to identify dangerous situations. For example, Halloween sets the stage for many injuries for kids who are trick or treating in the dark, exposed to uneven sidewalks, porches, yards, etc.
Bennettsville Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
In many circumstances, slip and fall accidents are preventable with a little care and maintenance. That’s probably what makes the accident so frustrating for the victim. Often, prevention can be as simple as posting correct warnings regarding slippery floors or wet surfaces. However, in other instances, property owners neglect maintenance to the point where it is dangerous to go up and down a staircase or ramp.
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, South Carolina law stipulates that the property owner must adequately warn visitors of any impending dangers and not ignore safety hazards.
Slip and fall accidents often take place at major public gatherings like sports arenas, public parks, restaurants, shopping malls, and grocery stores. Private residences also pose tripping hazards, as do your places of employment. Public streets and sidewalks present additional dangers. Any of these sites can host a slip and fall accident.
Common slip and fall culprits:
- Poorly lit areas: Places that inhibit the ability to see hazards or roam freely
- Slippery surfaces: Caused by spills and failure to clean-up, water tracked in from outside after it rains or snows, or naturally slick surfaces such as tile or stone
- Ramps and staircases: Broken or loose handrails; missing or damaged steps
- Cluttered hallways: Areas that block easy access or entrance to the grounds or present tripping hazards or falling hazards
- Uneven surfaces: Cracks in the sidewalk, potholes in the street, torn or bunched carpet, loose tiles, or damaged floorboards
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
Basic injuries can become more harmful or painful over time. It is important not to ignore even the most minor injuries, especially if you believe the property owner or tenant shares some responsibility in the accident.
Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Lacerations or damage of tissue
- Permanent scarring
- Chronic pain and suffering
- Pelvic injuries
- Head trauma (anything from headaches to concussions or migraines)
- Spinal cord damage
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How to Report a Slip and Fall Accident
The sooner you take legal action, the better. Our team will gather and complete all the necessary paperwork and ensure the timely filing of your slip and fall claim. You can take action in multiple ways:
- Get treatment for your injuries. You might feel at first that the only injury you suffered was a little embarrassment, so you sweep your injuries under the carpet. However, you may have been injured in ways you have no way of spotting. Seeing a doctor immediately will lessen the chances of injuries worsening and will also set you up with documented proof that your injuries were tied to the slip and fall accident.
- Document everything to know about the incident. At the scene, you may not have had the opportunity to take photos or jot down precisely what happened because you were injured. As soon as you receive treatment for injuries, take the time to record the actions leading up to the event and what you believe contributed to the fall. Your mind is fresher and more aware of exactly what happened the sooner you replay the series of events after the incident.
- Contact a slip and fall attorney in Bennettsville. Our firm offers an initial case evaluation free of charge. The consultation is 100 percent confidential. If you are unable to travel to our office for the appointment because of your injuries, we will travel to you.
Get Assistance from a Slip and Fall Lawyer Serving Bennettsville, SC
Slip and fall incidents do occur on a regular basis. Not enough citizens understand their rights or brush off the accident as minor aches and pains only to deal with more serious injuries down the road. Furthermore, property owners might not offer much assistance because they realize they are in the wrong.
The legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will represent your interests throughout the claims process. We will fight on your behalf to receive fair compensation for avoidable injuries sustained on another person’s property.
Contact our slip and fall lawyers in Bennettsville by phone or through our online form for more information during a free case review.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001