If you got hurt in a bus accident in Beaufort, South Carolina, you might be entitled to compensation for your losses. Depending on the facts of your case, you might need to file an administrative claim, an insurance claim, or personal injury lawsuit to get the money damages that you deserve.
These cases are usually more complicated than a typical motor vehicle accident case. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we have experience in handling lawsuits against liable parties.
A bus accident attorney in Beaufort, South Carolina can help you pursue compensation for your injuries, whether your accident involved a school bus, government agency-owned or operated bus, or a privately-owned bus. We can evaluate your case and explain the process you can expect. To get your complimentary consultation, call our office today.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Who Can You Sue for Your Injuries from a Bus Accident in Beaufort, SC
It is essential to discover who owned or operated the bus involved in your accident. Different laws and procedures will apply depending on their ownership.
- Government agency-owned or operated buses: If the state, county, or other government entity owned or operated the bus, the case will fall under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act. The Act contains special rules including a shorter deadline for filing the case than you would have in a standard car accident lawsuit.
- School bus accidents: Government agencies own or manage most school buses in South Carolina. The South Carolina Tort Claims Act applies to accidents involving these buses.
On the other hand, if the government did not own or operate the bus and it served a private school as opposed to a public school district, the South Carolina Tort Claims Act does not apply. In this situation, the case will proceed just like a standard motor vehicle accident.
- Privately-owned buses: Wrecks involving private shuttle companies, tour buses, and sightseeing buses do not fall under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act. The personal injury case will proceed through the courts using the same procedures and laws as with a standard car accident case.
It is essential that you contact us right away if there was any chance that the accident involved a government-owned or operated bus so that we do not miss the deadline for filing a claim or lawsuit. You can be a plaintiff in a bus accident case if you got hurt by a bus while you were riding the bus, or if you were on foot, on a bicycle, or in another vehicle.
Beaufort Bus Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
A Beaufort Bus Accident Attorney Will Investigate Your Claim
Once we take a bus accident case, we perform an in-depth investigation. The facts of each client’s case will determine the specific investigatory steps we take, but some of the common issues we explore include:
- Liability for the accident. Sometimes we sue multiple defendants because several people made mistakes that contributed to the wreck.
- We will obtain the police report and then try to answer any unresolved questions and fill in any gaps. We can talk to witnesses who might have observed something helpful to your case and will work with accident reconstruction experts.
- Your financial losses. We will collect the documents that show the court the amount of your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
- Permanent changes to your life. To prove the impact, your injuries have had upon your life; we can use medical and vocational experts.
- Non-economic losses. Your non-financial damages can include things like pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Damages You Can Claim After a Beaufort, SC Bus Accident
Our bus accident lawyers in Beaufort cannot estimate the value of your injury claim without talking with you and looking into the facts of your case. Every case is different because no two injuries are identical. Someone sitting right next to you on the bus could have different injuries than you.
Here are some of the common types of damages we have won for our bus accident clients:
- Lost wages, for the income you lost because of the wreck and your recuperation time. This category can include wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of income.
- Medical expenses, which can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, surgery, x-rays, doctors, and physical therapy
- Pain control, for pain management services and prescription painkillers
- Long-term care, if you suffered catastrophic injuries that leave you in need of daily assistance with medical treatments or personal care
- Diminished earning potential, if you cannot make as much money as before the accident, because of your injuries
- Intangible losses, like pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and loss of consortium
- Wrongful death, if the bus accident took the life of your close loved one
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How to Get Legal Help for Your Injury Claim from a Beaufort Bus Accident Lawyer
A bus accident lawyer serving Beaufort, SC at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you go after compensation for your losses. We are happy to answer your questions and explain the process, whether your case involves a school bus, a privately-owned bus, or a government agency-owned or operated bus.
When we take care of your legal matters, you can devote your time and attention to getting well. We are honored to help our valued clients rebuild their lives after they suffer harm because of someone else’s carelessness. Call us today to get a free consultation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001