If you were involved in a moped accident that led to severe injuries or disability, you could be eligible to recover compensation from the responsible party and their insurance company. A moped accident lawyer in Augusta, GA, can gather evidence on your behalf and help you pursue a liability claim. Our job is to make sure you get paid the money you deserve.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers focuses on accident victims. We have a strong track record of recovering compensation for our clients and want to put our resources to work on your case. Our injury attorneys charge for results only, meaning you do not pay us until you get paid.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Moped Laws in Georgia
The Georgia Department of Driver Services classifies a moped as any two-wheeled motorized vehicle with an engine size not exceeding 50 cubic centimeters. Moped operators have many of the same rights to the road in Georgia as other drivers but face certain restrictions, as well. Most notably, mopeds are prohibited on all limited-access highways in Georgia, as well as on any road with a minimum speed limit of 35.
A moped operator must be at least 15 years old and in possession of either a driver’s license or an instructional or learner’s permit.
Other drivers have a duty of care to watch out for mopeds the same as they do for bicycles and pedestrians. If a driver behaves negligently or violates a traffic law and causes a moped to crash, the driver may be liable for resulting damages.
Augusta Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me706-426-9555
Holding the Responsible Party Liable for Your Moped Accident in Augusta, GA
In order to recover compensation from another party for your moped accident injuries, we have to prove they are liable. To do that, we must build a case that makes several facts clear. The most important of these are:
- The party owed you a specific duty of care;
- The party did not uphold their duty of care;
- You suffered injuries as a result of the party’s negligence;
- Your injuries caused you to incur economic or non-economic damages.
Specific Duty of Care
A party can only be liable for the damages associated with your moped accident injury if they owed you a specific duty of care. Our job is to establish what that duty is. The nature of it depends on the identity of the party and their role in the accident.
- The driver of another vehicle: Many moped accidents are caused by the actions of another driver. When that is the case, it is relatively straightforward to establish the other driver’s duty of care, as all motorists in Georgia accept an implied duty when they get behind the wheel. That duty includes driving defensively, obeying all traffic laws, and watching out for other motorists and travelers (including mopeds, bicyclists, and pedestrians).
- A passenger in another vehicle: Even if someone is just the passenger in a vehicle, they still have a duty to uphold the safety of those around them. For instance, if a passenger is exiting a car parallel-parked beside a bike lane, it is their duty to check for oncoming bicycles or mopeds before opening their car door into the path of the bike lane, just like it is a driver’s duty to check for cars before changing lanes.
Failure to Uphold Duty
After establishing that the other party owed you a specific duty, we must show with evidence how they failed to uphold it. Our attorneys will investigate your accident thoroughly and collect police reports, witness statements, photos, videos, accident reconstruction, expert witness testimony, and any other evidence we need to make the other party’s negligence clear.
We then must connect the other party’s negligence to your specific injuries. We have to show it is more likely than not that one caused the other.
Finally, we have to list the damages you incurred, both economic and non-economic. This allows us to put a dollar value on your claim and pursue the responsible party or parties and their insurers for the full amount.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!706-426-9555
Our Augusta Moped Accident Lawyers Can Help You Recover Fair Compensation
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is committed to recovering the fair compensation you deserve for your moped accident injuries. Our moped accident attorneys in Augusta, GA, can help you obtain a settlement or award that includes money for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Call Us for a Free Moped Accident Case Evaluation in Augusta
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is ready to get started on your moped accident injury claim. Let our Augusta, GA, moped accident lawyers fight for the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation, call us today or fill out our online form.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?706-426-9555