When someone else’s negligence on the roads, public property, a medical facility, or elsewhere causes an accident and you are injured as a result, you should be able to hold them to account for your damages.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has been standing by injury victims in South Carolina for over 40 years. In that time, we have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for them. Now, an Anderson personal injury attorney from our firm is ready to speak on your behalf and go after the financial awards you need.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Anderson, call 864-729-4888
Personal Injury Cases Our Law Firm Handles in Anderson, SC
Our Anderson, SC, personal injury attorneys can help you if you were hurt in any of the following incidents:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle, moped, and bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Boat accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
If you lost a loved one in any of these accidents, we can help you file a wrongful death action.
Negligence Is the Central Component in Personal Injury Cases
To obtain compensation, you must establish the other party’s negligence. The four elements of negligence are as follows:
A Duty of Care
The party who harmed you was expected to show you a reasonable level of care. Examples of situations where the duty of care is met include:
- A physician at AnMed Health Medical Center diagnosing a condition right away
- Drivers yielding to bicyclists at the intersection at South Main Street and Shockley Ferry Road
- Store owners at Anderson Mall cleaning up spills and warning customers about the potential hazard
Breach of Duty of Care
Here, the other party did not follow through with the standard of care. Continuing with the examples above, the negligent party may have:
- Misdiagnosed you
- Failed to yield
- Failed to address the spill in time
The Violation of the Duty Led to an Accident
This negligence led to medical malpractice, a bicycle accident, or a slip and fall accident, and you sustained injuries from these incidents.
You’re Left With Financial and Non-Financial Damages
Because of your injuries, you are now forced to deal with mental, physical, and financial repercussions.
The Types of Awards You Can Go After in a South Carolina Personal Injury Case
Every personal injury case comes with its own circumstances, so before we determine how much compensation you can seek, our lawyers will look at:
- The nature of your accident
- The type and extent of your injuries
- How long you are expected to recover
- How your mental health has been affected
- If you can work at full capacity
After reviewing these factors, we can decide which damages you can recover. You may be entitled to awards for:
- Past and expected medical bills: If you needed emergency transportation, hospitalization, pain medication, assistive equipment, lab work and imaging scans, or ongoing treatment.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or personal property was damaged in the accident.
- Lost income: If you lost tips, commissions, bonuses, hourly wages or salary, paid time off (PTO), or other employee benefits.
- Future lost earning power: If your injuries keep you from going to your old job or working altogether.
- Mental anguish: If the aftermath of the accident has harmed your mental well-being.
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries have caused you chronic pain or discomfort.
You and your family can recover funeral costs, medical bills, and loss of consortium damages via a wrongful death claim if you lost your loved one due to negligence.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Will Take Control of All Aspects of Your Case for You
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers in Anderson, SC, will handle the legal details while you focus on getting better. We stand by each of our clients throughout a case. Our attorneys will:
- Explore your options for seeking compensation
- Put together an evidence file that comprises incident or police reports, medical records, relevant photos, available video surveillance, eyewitness testimony, or medical expert testimony
- Point to who caused the incident that injured you
- Handle the back and forth between you and the other party’s representatives, including emails, phone calls, and letters
- Calculate your damages and request an amount for compensation from the insurer
- File a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit
- Take part in settlement negotiations if the insurer doesn’t give you a sufficient offer
- Represent you in a jury trial if we cannot agree with the insurer on a settlement
Whenever you have questions about the status of your case or what to expect from the legal process, we urge you to reach out to your lawyer. Part of their job is to ensure you are always kept in the loop.
The Costs of Working With a Personal Injury Lawyer on Our Team in Anderson, SC
When you partner with our Anderson, SC, personal injury team, there is no need to worry about any upfront costs, retainers, or out-of-pocket costs. Our attorneys will serve you on a contingency-fee basis.
If and when we secure a financial award for you – whether it be through a settlement or after a jury trial – we will collect our payment. This payment agreement limits the financial risk you take, so you have nothing to lose with us.
What to Do When You’re in the Middle of a Personal Injury Case
Since the negligent incident is over, you might think that there is nothing you can do to help the value of your case. However, if you take a few small steps, it could make a difference in how your case turns out. Consider:
- Seeking medical attention promptly. Make sure that you’re okay so underlying injuries are addressed before your injury worsens. Not only does this step help your health, but it will document that the accident was linked to your injuries.
- Avoiding posting on social media. The insurance company may take whatever you post out of context and claim that you’re not that hurt.
- Taking note of how you’re doing after the accident. Every day, write down how your pain is, your mood, your treatment and other daily tasks, and any other relevant details. This journal will show the insurance company just how much the accident has affected your life.
Turn to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for Further Legal Assistance
Whether your physician didn’t follow protocol and your injury or illness went untreated, you got whiplash in a rear-end collision, or you suffered broken bones in a slip and fall, our personal injury lawyers in Anderson are here for you so that you can get back to your life.
For your free case review, give George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers a call or fill out our online form today.