Our team of South Carolina auto accident attorneys represent many motorcycle riders who were seriously injured in an accident. In addition, our team of attorneys handle many areas of injury law, including auto accidents, workers’ compensation, and defective product cases in South Carolina.
Motorcycle accident statistics
Thinking about taking a ride on your bike? Consider these facts about motorcycle accidents, traumatic brain injuries and biker fatalities. We urge you to think carefully about your safety before you head out on the road and wear the proper safety gear, the most important of which is your helmet. Always wear your safety gear, even when running errands only a short distance away.
- Approximately three-fourths of these motorcycle accidents involved collision with another vehicle, which was most usually a passenger automobile.
- In the multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents.
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- The likelihood of injury is extremely high in motorcycle accidents-98% of the multiple vehicle collisions and 96% of the single vehicle accidents resulted in some kind of injury to the motorcycle rider; 45% resulted in more than a minor injury.
- The most deadly injuries to the accident victims were injuries to the chest and head.
- The use of the safety helmet is the single critical factor in the prevention of reduction of head injury; the safety helmet which complies with FMVSS 218 is a significantly effective injury countermeasure.
- There is not liability for neck injury by wearing a safety helmet; helmeted riders had less neck injuries than unhelmeted riders. Only four minor injuries were attributable to helmet use, and in each case the helmet prevented possible critical or fatal head injury.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a short trip associated with shopping, errands, friends, entertainment or recreation, and the accident is likely to happen in a very short time close to the trip origin.
Source US Government- NHTSA
Establishing proof in your motorcycle injury case is essential. A good South Carolina motorcycle accident lawyer who has experience with cases between motorcycles and other vehicles, knows the importance of identifying witnesses, interviewing police officers, and if necessary, retaining accident reconstruction experts.
Once liability is established in a motorcycle accident case, the next step is to prove, explain, and quantify the seriousness of the personal injuries. The lawyers at George Sink Injury Lawyers have extensive contacts in the medical community to assist our clients in documenting the seriousness of their motorcycle accident injury.
In many cases, it is necessary to use economists, medical experts, and even life care planners to fully document the extent of a motorcycle accident victim’s injuries Even if the motorcycle accident seems simple, you need an experienced law firm like George Sink Injury Lawyers defending your rights in your motorcycle accident injury case.
An experienced South Carolina motorcycle accident attorney, like George Sink Injury Lawyers, will know how to identify other sources of insurance coverage, including underinsured and uninsured policies, employer’s policies, umbrella policies, and, in some cases, even homeowner’s insurance. George Sink Injury Lawyers will work for you in establishing the fault of the other driver, maximizing and proving the extent of the injuries, and ensuring adequate proceeds to pay the settlement for your South Carolina motorcycle accident injury case.
The South Carolina personal injury lawyers at George Sink Injury Lawyers have years of experience representing the victims of motorcycle accident injuries. We have a team of professional lawyers to handle the claims of people who have suffered serious injuries, including auto accidents, wrongful death, slip & falls, faulty products, pharmaceutical products, and medical malpractices.
If you’ve been injured, contact the proven South Carolina injury lawyers of George Sink Injury Lawyers today for your confidential FREE CASE EVALUATION to get started.